next Ohio meetingh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Man it seems like we have not met in forever.
We had a meeting in Feb, then the MPG was in April, our cook out was in June. We should have met in July but it just never happened.
That brings us to now, how does Saturday Aug 20 sound. If it works I'll call HH and set it up.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike4066

It looks clear for me, but that's all subject to change based on the wife / family.

How about doing a PITH as well? I can't remember the last time we had one.

Either a finished pen you made, or a kit/blank so that someone else has to do the all the work :)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be in Virginia that weekend for my grandson's birthday. The weekend after is also out for me. Carry on without me!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As of now I am free in August.

Thinking ahead, I would like for the Ohio Chapter to have an official IAP Collection Display with a "Best of Show" Contest to donate a pen (at the winner's discretion) later this fall.

I hope to go to a Minnesota Chapter meeting in November, and that will close out 2016 for the Collection.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Some options for the meeting:

1. I have a "Drill Doctor" and have ground 2 drills (cheap harbor freight) into an unusable grind :mad:! I would love a hands-on tutorial, and others could bring their drills if wanted and try to sharpen them. (Yes, I have watched the tutorial... I'm clueless...)

2. I bought a bunch of pre-tubed slimline corian blanks when on sale last month. I can get a bunch of slimline kits (will need them anyway for the blanks) and we can turn a bunch of pens for Service Members.

3. I could get a bunch of segmented slices for assembling/glue-ups for some brick/castle segmented blanks and everyone can take home a few.

4. I could also do a demo on the segmented Brick designs - from start to finish.

5. We can have a pre 2017 MPG committee meeting just to touch base for what worked, what we need to tweak.

Just a few ideas.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Some options for the meeting:

1. I have a "Drill Doctor" and have ground 2 drills (cheap harbor freight) into an unusable grind :mad:! I would love a hands-on tutorial, and others could bring their drills if wanted and try to sharpen them. (Yes, I have watched the tutorial... I'm clueless...) I WILL BRING MY DRILL DOCTOR TO USE AND ABUSE - BRING ANY DRILLS YOU WANT TO RUIN.

2. I bought a bunch of pre-tubed slimline corian blanks when on sale last month. I can get a bunch of slimline kits (will need them anyway for the blanks) and we can turn a bunch of pens for Service Members. I WILL SUPPLY SLIMLINE KITS AND THE PRETUBED BLANKS. YOU TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT HOME, AND RETURN THEN AT THE NEXT MEETING - COMPLETED :):good:

3. I could get a bunch of segmented slices for assembling/glue-ups for some brick/castle segmented blanks and everyone can take home a few. I WILL BRING ALL SUPPLIES FOR ASSEMBLING ENOUGH FOR 20-30 SEGMENTED BLANKS WITH VENEERS AND END CAPS FOR ALL TO TAKE HOME.

4. I could also do a demo on the segmented Brick designs - from start to finish. THIS I'LL DO BEFORE #3. SHOULD TAKE NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES, THEN WE CAN ASSEMBLE.

5. We can have a pre 2017 MPG committee meeting just to touch base for what worked, what we need to tweak. IF WE WANT.

Just a few ideas.

OK, Here's the agenda (Magicbob and I made some "Executive Decisions"). RED HIGHLIGHTS!

Marmotjr

Dang it, I couple topics I wanted to learn more about :(. I have a race, a wedding, and my 20 year reunion all on the same Saturday. And I'm moving this week too.

Maybe somebody could record the demos and youtube them?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Dang it, I couple topics I wanted to learn more about :(. I have a race, a wedding, and my 20 year reunion all on the same Saturday. And I'm moving this week too.

Maybe somebody could record the demos and youtube them?

Maybe not a Utube, but I'll have a handout I can send or e-mail.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom