Next Ohio meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

Hello everyone. When are we going to have our next meeting? Very anxious to learn more about pens turning from you all!!

Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Yes, it is time we got together again!

Magicbob usually does the contact with Hartville, so I suspect he will chime in when he stops by!

Hope all is well with you Jon!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I will be leaving that AM for Chicago, to attend the Milwaukee IAP meeting on the 25'th.

I am in Indianapolis on the 31'st. The 17'th is open.

Magicbob

Oct meeting

Hartville Hardware
Oct 17, 1PM
Downstairs near the hardwood section

Now we need a theme, demo, & such............anyone?

Magicbob

Update:
I stated the wrong start time, the meeting will start at 2PM NOT 1PM.

Hope to see you there

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Two possibilities:

I could bring the foil/misc texturing tools, and we can make steampunk/foil blanks.

I just ordered more Alumilite as I have some ideas to try with casting.

If folks bring their own tubes (5-10) for their kits, we can put then in kit baggies and I can take them home and cast and mail back. If we do this, I will check which molds I have and get back to you.

Or, I could demo how I do the simple center band segmenting or how to modify the Jr Gent kits for the center bank to overlap the lower section.

Or.... I'll be happy with others to talk!

Magicbob

sounds like Mark will handle the demo, I'll let you decide what you want to do.
Be sure to post it so others know what to expect.

Thanks

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
For the demo, I will bring foil, tools, embossing paste, etc... and we can all make foil blanks.

I will go to Berea Hardwoods and get tubes for Sierra, Cigar and Jr Gent kits - So actually, nobody needs to bring anything. You can certainly bring different size tubes If you can cast yourself - My molds are Sierra, Cigar and Jr Gent.

You can take them home and cast yourself, or put into baggies with your name on, and I'll cast in Alumilite. (No guarantees).

Any questions or suggestions???

See everyone at 2:00 PM. :)

Jontello

Oh man. I just saw the date! I am in Chicago that weekend. Boo. It's ok. Hope you guys have a good time. I will just have to go to marks shop and he will have to show me how to do things. Thanks mark for your work!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK Jon... I understand you can't make this meeting - FINE :frown:! But... I saw your pen which you made for the PITH :eek::eek::eek:!

WHY THE HECK AM I DOING DEMOS ??? Sorry buddy, you are now officially on the future demo list :tongue:

This is cool! Some of us have done all the demos we have in our back pocket! Time for the young guns to add to the inspiration!

BTW... Beautiful pen and artwork Jon!

mike4066

I just realized I posted this in the other thread, so I'll cross post it here.

I have some (PSL) parallel strand lumber blanks that I can bring for everyone and spend a few minutes complaining.. I mean discussing about to turn them. It should help fill up about 5-10 minutes of the meeting.

Magicbob

I just realized I posted this in the other thread, so I'll cross post it here.

I have some (PSL) parallel strand lumber blanks that I can bring for everyone and spend a few minutes complaining.. I mean discussing about to turn them. It should help fill up about 5-10 minutes of the meeting.

cool, sounds like a plan

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have been mailing blanks for free (with postage) on IAP. I have a large box for my Ohio buddies - since no postage is needed... they will be free!!!

Some nice stuff actually ! Saturday will be fun!

Magicbob

Great meeting today, lots of free blanks, made steam punk blanks and good fellowship.
If you missed it, shame on you.

Top Bottom