Local Engraver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Do we have any local engravers here in Ohio?:confused: I'm not sure if I want to mail any more pens out because at this current point in time two of them are missing somewhere between here and Las Vegas.:eek: And stupid me didn't get the insurance on them so I may be out a lot of money as well as a customer or two. According to the post office I never took the package to them even though I walked it in the post office myself. So from now on I think I would rather take my pens to an engraver rather then mail them. Any help would be appreciated. TIA:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Chris
Thank you very much sir. I will try him out next time. Oh and my package finally showed up in Las Vegas but the USPS still says they don't have it from me. I guess it just floated down there on its own, lol.

melogic

You also have Stan Cook (mrcook4570) of Mestari Designs in West Virginia. He does awesome work. He was at our first IAP Ohio Chapter meeting.

andyk

There is also someone in the Toledo area that does engraving. I also have a contact through an acrylic shop that has a laser. I can also get acrylic fabrication done.

RonSchmitt

my package finally showed up in Las Vegas but the USPS still says they don't have it from me. .

I had the same thing happen, when I checked with my local mail carrier he told me that unless the package is scanned by the person when you take it in, it does not get into the system. Same goes for the delivering carrier, no scan when delivered, it will stay open in the system.
Now I make sure the counter person scans it in while I watch, gets 'em mad sometimes, but they get over it.

woody350ep

I had the same thing happen, when I checked with my local mail carrier he told me that unless the package is scanned by the person when you take it in, it does not get into the system. Same goes for the delivering carrier, no scan when delivered, it will stay open in the system.
Now I make sure the counter person scans it in while I watch, gets 'em mad sometimes, but they get over it.

You could always get insurance on it, and then when it never "arrives" you could file a claim and get paid for it. Maybe not totally honest, but that might teach them to start doing things they are getting paid to do. USPS tracking is the worst of all of them. I have received things that haven't been processed in the system many times. Makes me more mad when it is Priority and you know it has been delivered in the 3 days or whatever and a week later the number still won't work, or says "packaging information received......." blah blah blah.

Robert Taylor

You could always get insurance on it, and then when it never "arrives" you could file a claim and get paid for it. Maybe not totally honest, but that might teach them to start doing things they are getting paid to do. USPS tracking is the worst of all of them. I have received things that haven't been processed in the system many times. Makes me more mad when it is Priority and you know it has been delivered in the 3 days or whatever and a week later the number still won't work, or says "packaging information received......." blah blah blah.

not to hijack this thread but i'm guessing that you have not actually ever filed a claim with usps or even ups. it takes weeks and even months to settle with either. and for an item that you made, well good luck trying to prove it's value. just because an item is insured does not mean you will collect that amount. only the shipper can even file the claim, not a buyer. and on and on.

woody350ep

You're right, I haven't had to file one, and hope I never do. I have heard that though about being a royal PITA to get something fixed. And, not that I would ever do what I said either, but some people do things out of spite. Personally, I don't have the patience for that lol

jkarch

Laser Engraving

I met someone at the meeting today that lives in Pickerington that does Laser engraving. His name is Andy Durewicz. His email adress is andy@ga3designs.com. I am planning on having him do a couple of pen case for me as soon as I get around to making them.

Jeff

Andy D

Thank's Jeff

I was the guy who came in late. I was asked about the pen blank prices and they told me and another guy to go to the back and ask (name?).
So walked in to this room, filled with pen turners. No one kicked me out, the meeting and the turners I talked with were interesting so I decided to stick around.

My wife and I run a laser engraving cutting business out of our home in Pickerington, Oh. The rent is the right price. She mainly cuts paper designs for Scrap bookers. Also we engrave Wood Picture frames.

PENS! I've turned my own, and have engraved about 100 or so for others.
I've also engrave the pen boxes and have color filled some. Cold and silver realy JUMPS out on dark woods like Rosewood and walnut.
These make great personalized Gift

We use FedEx and haven't lost any thing yet

Please call or email me at 614-577-9554 or andy@ga3designs.com (email address, working on web sight)

Andy Durewicz

Top Bottom