July meeting date changed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Ok, a number of people could not make the 15th and I just got news I need to be in Philly that day. So, I talked with HH and we will now meet on Saturday July 22

Hope this works out better

Magicbob

Bob Jackson will demo pepper grinders
I will demo our new rotary device for the cheap lasers
everyone bring a nice blank for a swap

Reactions: Joe

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Who will be the lucky 6:eek: I'm planning on making the trek, but won't be sure until it gets closer.

Hopefully Mark's hotel is available for booking :biggrin:

We'll leave the light on, and I'll get some of that quality Georgia Bourbon... (Yes folks, an inside joke)

I actual have 2 brand new bourbon's that are made here in The Ville I was gonna bring to you. I'm sure your wife would appreciate KY BOURBON :biggrin:. I just need to work out the logistics, but I'm planning on being there. I may end up with one of Bob Jackson's famous Peppermill's!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
yes, we will be in the mill room

Maybe this time with it being summer and not during a blizzard, it will be brighter, but last meeting there I had trouble seeing Mark giving his demo. Could we turn on the lights this time?

Picky, Picky Picky... I was no visual benefit! You may have had your eyes closed :cool:!

Dale Allen

I think the issue was that the demo was against the overhead door and the light from behind made it difficult to see. I'd suggest the setup be turned around or go side-to-side.
Also, just so everyone is aware. They are widening the road leading to Hartville Hardware. Rt 619 from the hardware west is all tore up. Traffic is being maintained but there will be delays. And that road is always busy anyway, especially when the flea market is open. Approaching from the east is not too bad. There is a back way into the flea market and store but if the flea market is open that is clogged too.
I was thru there this evening and the traffic was light but it is still a mess.
Plan on extra time.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I think the issue was that the demo was against the overhead door and the light from behind made it difficult to see. I'd suggest the setup be turned around or go side-to-side.
Also, just so everyone is aware. They are widening the road leading to Hartville Hardware. Rt 619 from the hardware west is all tore up. Traffic is being maintained but there will be delays. And that road is always busy anyway, especially when the flea market is open. Approaching from the east is not too bad. There is a back way into the flea market and store but if the flea market is open that is clogged too.
I was thru there this evening and the traffic was light but it is still a mess.
Plan on extra time.

I had not heard this. We can certainly make adjustments.

Marmotjr

Marmotjr

And roundabouts too...yipee!:frown:

We need another roundabout in ohio like we need another pothole!:cool:

The problem with roundabouts is people don't know how to drive and read signs.

+1

(Properly Designed) Roundabouts are dramatically faster and safer than any other type of intersection. It's just that Americans in general don't know how to drive through them. You only have to look for traffic from one direction, and then go if there isn't anybody coming. If you're lucky, you barely have to slow down.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
yes, we will be in the mill room

Maybe this time with it being summer and not during a blizzard, it will be brighter, but last meeting there I had trouble seeing Mark giving his demo. Could we turn on the lights this time?

Picky, Picky Picky... I was no visual benefit! You may have had your eyes closed :cool:!

Are you implying you put your audience to sleep?

I've been guilty of worse :tongue:

Marmotjr

And third unrelated, so unmerged, response:

We should also probably require the use of name tags. With both real first name, and online handle. Mark won't be that hard to figure out, he's basically got his driver's license in his header :) . And there's guys like MagicBob who seem to actually be called that. But a guy like me, you won't pick out of the crowd, and it will build the chapter and the forum.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

We should also probably require the use of name tags. With both real first name, and online handle. Mark won't be that hard to figure out, he's basically got his driver's license in his header :) . And there's guys like MagicBob who seem to actually be called that. But a guy like me, you won't pick out of the crowd, and it will build the chapter and the forum.

Wait, I'm much more good looking than my picture...

And I'll bring the stack of name cards that everyone refused to use last time; you must have been sleeping...

EBorraga

In Memoriam

I'll be the Crazy Looking Redneck!! Easy to spot :)

Dale Allen

Maybe I'm going to have to take my own picture for my Avatar.
I don't use one now because I don't have a recent picture of myself.
Oh I have lots of pictures saved, but they are of everybody else cause I'm always the one with the camera. And no, my drivers license or company badge photo are not what I want to share! :biggrin:
Then maybe I can put it on a badge of some kind.
Hey I know, everybody wear sandwich boards with there name and picture.:rotfl: Maybe not!

socdad

I'm planing on attending, anyone else from the Dayton area planning on going? Saturday, July 22 correct?

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Bump.

I will be sending a batch PM to the Ohio Members in a few minutes as an additional reminder.

Let's assemble at 1:00 PM with a meet-and greet, sharing of pens, peppermills, etc; and the demo's to start about 2 PM.

Magicbob

well I can't seem to get Mapquest to print
So just plain directions.
Only if you are travelling from the north

From I77 Exit at Exit 118 St Rt 241- turn left
At St Rt 619 turn right
At Cleveland ave turn right
At Lake Center St NW turn left
At King Church Ave NW turn left
Go through the red light into the parking lot

EBorraga

In Memoriam

At St Rt 619 turn right

You're screwed if you're coming from the south!!

m4skinner

At St Rt 619 turn right

exit 118 is the way we go traveling from the south.

Top Bottom