July Meeting?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nylajune

Have we given up on a July meeting? Is it possible that we could meet on the 11th? It's my understanding that the 18th and 25th are out.

Also, I've heard rumors that Dayton, OH, is being considered for a new meeting place. Oh, please, please, please tell me it isn't so! :eek:Columbus is most definitely more centrally located. I vote we leave it there. :good:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jfoh

Has there been any thought to having the meeting rotate to three or four different sites? It would give people the chance to see different areas and make the trip short for some people based on where the meeting happens. Might not get the same people at the meetings but those not willing to or able to travel long distance could have a chance to meet. Meetings get stale if the same few are the only ones who attend.

rjwolfe3

I am open for anything but with my schedule lately and lack of reliable vehicle, it is hard to make it to the meetings (minivan is broke down at work at the moment). We will be having one in the Cleveland area for those in Northern Ohio once Grub gets everything set up probably this summer. Still want to have one in the Columbus area this summer as well. If enough people are interested in the Dayton meeting we can set that up as well. And Michigan has opened it's door to allow us better Buckeyes to their meeting if anyone wants to travel that far. I am flexible and open for anything.

jleiwig

I spoke with the owner of the Dayton Woodcraft today and he was excited about the chance to have a meeting there. They have 30 seats, 6 mini lathes, and all the chucks and tools you could ever want to use.

I'd be willing to organize a southern Ohio meeting if anyone is interested in attending.

rjwolfe3

Justin,
Go ahead and get it started. Let me know the details and I will post them as a sticky. I can't promise I can make it but I am sure there will be others in the area that would like to go.

We will still be having our meeting in Columbus as soon as we can secure the room so please bear with us on that.

I am still waiting to hear back from Grub for our Northern Ohio friends.

jleiwig

Justin,
Go ahead and get it started. Let me know the details and I will post them as a sticky. I can't promise I can make it but I am sure there will be others in the area that would like to go.

We will still be having our meeting in Columbus as soon as we can secure the room so please bear with us on that.

I am still waiting to hear back from Grub for our Northern Ohio friends.

Ok...I've never organized a meeting of turners before. I guess I'd need suggestions. I'll check with Woodcraft to see when the classroom would be available for meetings. Which is preferable? Saturday or Sunday? Morning, Afternoon?

rjwolfe3

I would first see who all would be interested in coming. Saturday seems to work the best for most people. Time would depend on how far people are traveling to the meeting.

jleiwig

I will check with Woodcraft to see what Saturday's in July are Available. Obviously we would not want to meet on the holiday weekend, but the 11th, 18th, or 25 should be good.

jleiwig

There are no saturday's in July available at the Dayton Woodcraft. The first available Saturday would be August 1st. I can check with the Woodcraft in Cinci or the Rockler store, but the Rockler store does not have a classroom from what i've seen.

jleiwig

Justin,
The Rockler store does not have a classroom. They do all their demos right in the back of the store.

I didn't think they did having been in there so often lately.

Having finally met the owner of the Dayton Woodcraft (who is sooooo much nicer than some of his employees) and seeing how excited he was at the thought of a meeting, I'd love to find a time to work in a southern ohio meeting. We could pull people from Indiana and Kentucky too, but I don't want it to happen at the same time as a meeting in Columbus.

Hello new at this pen thing got my lathe in Jan. this year but would be interested in attending a meeting do you have a e-mail list or should i just keep checking this thread also any members in the northwest part of ohio maybe we could share a ride im in Bowling Green

Thanks Douglas

rjwolfe3

Douglas, send me your email address and I will add you to the list. I also post a sticky at the top of the Ohio forum when and where the next meeting will be held.

Robert Taylor

Hello new at this pen thing got my lathe in Jan. this year but would be interested in attending a meeting do you have a e-mail list or should i just keep checking this thread also any members in the northwest part of ohio maybe we could share a ride im in Bowling Green

Thanks Douglas

you just missed a great meeting of the michigan chapter last weekend. it was only 2 hours north of you.

Top Bottom