January meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Hey all, just got a note from the Central Ohio Woodturners, they want a write-up of our last meeting for their newsletter. I'm putting something together and want to include the next meeting date and possible activities. Did we decide on anything yet?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I was shooting for Jan 24th at 9:00 am again. That way the members at Buckeye can come. (They meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month) I heard rumors that we have an expert on CA finishes that could demo. Other than that I am open for suggestions.

Grizz

Banned
Were we going to make these quarterly meetings? That is the same day my scrollsaw club meets. But they meet monthly so I can always catch up the next month.

rjwolfe3

Yes quarterly would be the best for everyone I think. January, April, July, and October is what I would like to see. But I am open to suggestions. I would like to do the 4th Saturday of each of those months.

Jim15

Hi Rob, the dates sound fine to me but is it possible to make it a little later than 9:00am, or is that a problem with the store being open? People that live 100 miles or so away have to get up awfully early to get there by 9:00 am. Whateverv time it is I will try and be there though.

Thank you,

rjwolfe3

10:00 am is fine with me if that is what the group wants but I may not be able to stay past 12:00 unless I take off from work. Also, I do believe that the store closes early on Saturdays so you might have to come early to purchase anything. But whatever is best for the group is fine with me.

Jim15

Rob, I didn't realize you had to go to work after the meetings. Leaving it the way it is is fine with me, it's not that big a deal to me. I work most weekends and probably won't be able to make all the meetings anyway. :(

wickford

RJwolf,

Were you referring to my offer to do the CA Demo? I'm planning on attending the January meeting and would be glad to demo my method, however, by no means do I claim to be a CA expert in any way!! But the way I do mine seems to be pretty easy, and my results have been pretty consistently good, so I'd be glad to share...

Let me know...

Jeff

P.S...how do I get the ohio chapter IAP logo to come up as a part of my signature? I just can't seem to figure it out after multiple attempts, I gave up...

rjwolfe3

I honestly can't remember who said they could demo the CA finish but someone said it at the last meeting, lol. Jeff, I would be delighted if you would like to demo the CA finish. My wife and I have been struggling with a consistent CA finish all year.

As far as the logo in your signature, under the edit signature it should have a place to add an image to your signature. Should allow you to add from another website or your computer.

DSallee

....P.S...how do I get the ohio chapter IAP logo to come up as a part of my signature? I just can't seem to figure it out after multiple attempts, I gave up...

Hey Jeff,

There are a few things that may be the culprit... try these steps:

If you can't get the "add image to signature" thingy working which I couldn't get it to work on mine.. here is the flow around...

Copy and paste this code into your signature on a separate line:

PHP:
[IMG]https://www.penturners.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4879_1.gif[/IMG]

Click PREVIEW...... This SHOULD put the image in your signature preview .... don't worry about the PHP thing, that is just so it will show the code here to put in your signature...

BUT....

IF when you "preview" your signature and it STILL show text only and no image in the preview ... click cancel on what you did and go to "Edit Options" on the left links... on that page at the bottom you will see a "Message Editor Interface" drop-down selection... make sure it says "Standard Editor" and not "Enhanced Interface" ... click SAVE ... then go back to your "edit Signature" and copy and paste that again and test... it SHOULD fix it...

I helped another member earlier today that was having the same problem (would not post the image... would only put the code in text in his signature) and this was the fix for his.....

Hope this helps.. let me know if you have any issues... Oh.. and your link you have is wrong.. the correct one is listed above in the box...

Dave

Top Bottom