January 24 meeting still on?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Yeppers, January 24th, 9:00am at Wood Werks in Columbus. I will be there but may have to leave at 11:30 for work. I believe at this time we have a CA Demo. I would like to see another blank swap. Also more pens and stuff to show off. Any other ideas that you guys would like to see? Also let me know if you think you can make it.

rjwolfe3

Woot the more the merrier. One of these meeting I would like to see something about casting but not sure if we can get that done where we meet at.

rjwolfe3

FYI, wickford has offered to do his CA finish for our demo. Much thanks for that. I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Would anyone be willing to show me how to get a scratchless finish on acrylic blanks?

grub32

so sad...

I would love to come to this meeting but it is very far drive. I am going to be in Columbus the following weekend for a seminar. Anyone going to be around down there that Sunday, Feb 1?

I realize that a lot of you are interested in meeting Columbus....Rob you are in Mansfield..Is there anywhere in that area to meet? It is more of a central location.

I would be interested in doing demo on casting for everyone if it could be closer to me. Columbus is a 3 hour ride each way.

Just rambling,

Grub32

rjwolfe3

Grub,
We are looking for a meeting place up your way as well. I would love to do them quarterly as well, maybe on the 2nd Saturday of the month but haven't found a place to meet at yet. I am willing to travel to the Cleveland area for a Saturday meeting. Especially for a casting demo. Unfortunately, because Mansfield is a one horse town, we don't have anywhere to meet in this area. My little "workshop in a bottle" might hold one or two of us, lol. I have a dream to build my own workshop someday. I even have the area to do it but alas, no funds yet. Anyone have pole barn building experience that could shoot me a PM?

grub32

We are hoping to move real soon. The house that I am looking to buy already has the 30 x 40 ft. building...Just needs electric, insulation and walls. Once we move, I will gladly invite everyone over for some fun. I have two lathes already and we can party all day.

Its near Cleveland, bout 20 mins outside.

Grub32

Lulanrt

Local Chapter Info

Hi all
I am new to IAP and found out about your chapter looks like the closest one to me I live in Huntington WV. I would like to join now do I go about doing that? I would like to make it to the meeting on the 24th as well. Thanks
Travis:)

melogic

Welcome aboard Travis! I live just across the river in Ironton, OH. I have some of my pens displayed in Empire Books and News at Pullman Square in Huntington. You will like this place (IAP) and you will like the group (local chapter). There is a lot of very talented people here.

rjwolfe3

Travis,
Since you are a member of IAP, there is nothing else needed to be part of a local chapter except to show up. We look forward to seeing you in Columbus. If you have any more questions just ask one of us.

rjwolfe3

I would have to agree with both of you. Although I only drive about 70 miles each way, if 71 isn't clear I may have to pass. But only because I have to be back to work that day. Otherwise no problems. Hope for good weather and I hope everyone can make it.

Grizz

Banned
I'll do my best to there... in other words, I'll be there unless something else comes up.

Top Bottom