Feb Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Talked to Hartville Hardware today, we are on for 2/21.
We will be downstairs in our regular spot.
We discussed our doing a pen turning demo upstairs for the Tool Sale, he will let me know.
Now we need to figure out what we are going to do at the meeting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Argo13

Thanks Bob,

Thanks for setting it up.

I will help with anything you need.

I am low on ideas however.

What if we do a show and tell? Everyone bring some of the pens you make. We can give feedback to each other if wanted. Also it would be good to have them if we had guest or demo for the show.

What does everyone want to see a demo on?

Finishing, tooling, modifications, pen kits, etc... If we get some ideas then we can figure out who can demo.

Jason

Harpazo

I made my 1st visit to Hartville Tool this past week so I know the layout of the place. I haven't seen what the meeting time is yet (ah those pesky newbies anyway...). Is the meeting place near the tool rental center downstairs? It would be great to meet you all in person.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I made my 1st visit to Hartville Tool this past week so I know the layout of the place. I haven't seen what the meeting time is yet (ah those pesky newbies anyway...). Is the meeting place near the tool rental center downstairs? It would be great to meet you all in person.

Hi Scott: Typically at 2:30, but check a day or two before to make sure no changes.

Usually we are in the area directly behind the rental center. Looking in from the downstairs doors, walk in the middle aisle, we are on the right hand are "Exotic Woods."

See Ya!

Last edited:

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
I am doing a demo at the MPG I did a year or so ago when the meeting was at my house on upgrading your refills. I can do it again at the Feb meeting. Can also do the micromesh demo again. What do you think?

Magicbob

Mort, sounds like a plan.
Unfortunately, it looks like I wont be there. Officiating a wedding and the bride tends to get upset if I'm not there early.
I may show up in a suit and leave early, we will see.

Magicbob

Come on Mike,
What could be more fun than being with Grandpa at the world's largest hardware store.

kingkeyman

Driving with young children for two hours to a destination with no playground, rides or other children to play with could be a downer.

kingkeyman

well, I missed another meeting today. What did I miss? We were swamped with work today, I couldn't get away. Hope you all had a good time.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
well, I missed another meeting today. What did I miss? We were swamped with work today, I couldn't get away. Hope you all had a good time.

Hi Dave...

Actually a pretty boring meeting...

MagicBob drove through the snow and right into the showroom on his motorcycle! And he looked mighty fine in his wedding suit as he just was doing a brief drop-in.

Jason got us tickets to a drawing upstairs and everyone who came to the meeting won a new Oneway Lathe (sorry, none for U!).

Bob Jackson catered the meeting with steak and lobster tails... (Pretty nice of the guy, huh!)

Jeff couldn't make it (something about a SMASH, or CRASH ???). But... he was nice enough to send us a singing telegram from 16 Radio City Music Hall Dancers (They really couldn't sing, but who cares).

So... Yup, we just talked about sticking sharp things into spinning wood...

Magicbob

Dancers? Oh man I left too soon.
Oh well got the young couple married, and then off to watch granddaughter play softball, so I still had a good day.
It was good to see everyone, hopefully next meeting the weather will co-op and we can have a great turnout

Top Bottom