December Meeting ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Folks:

Last year we had a meeting in December. If there is any interest, I will volunteer to host a Christmas Pot Luck at my house for all interested and spouses are welcome.

Or we can certainly meet in Hartville - I have no preference; although at my house my shop is in the basement, and while I have tons of space, the actual lathe area has been closed off (Wall and door) to reduce dust, and would only fit 3-5 people - so a demo would not be convenient.

So - If a demo is desired, we can go to Hartville. If we just want to socialize, I will offer to play "Party Host."

Dates ava for me: Saturdays - 12, 19. Sundays - 6, 13, 20. Each of these also work for me to go to Hartville.

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I have no preference, Hartville is not open on Sundays.
Will there be Bourbon available if we party at the palatial James homestead?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have no preference, Hartville is not open on Sundays.
Will there be Bourbon available if we party at the palatial James homestead?

Does a bear **** in the woods? Yes, to taste or "Take Home"! Nancy actually was asking if you were still interested. :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

Magicbob

Am I interested?

Do fat babies fart?
Is a duck's butt water tight?
Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
Is the Pope catholic

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Mark, hopefully Nancy sneaks some of homemade stuff in the car when you go west this month :biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'll suggest (just a starting point) Saturday, December 19. 2:00 PM - till folks need to leave.

No demo, but anyone can play with the "toys". (Lathes in the basement). Jason - wanted to try my lathe... AND, if the temp is not too cold, we can do some Alumilite pressure pot Casting (Iffy, but maybe).

Maybe a Christmas Ornament Exchange. Pot luck - I'll supply main meal... We can figure out the rest later....

Or meet at Hartville?

mike4066

So far the 19th is clear on my calendar, but any family stuff pops up I won't make it. Between the travel for work and possibility of family stuff popping up I'm probably 50% to make it.

That being said I hope to make it an I think an ornament exchange would be a lot of fun.

Jontello

Sounds good to me. The day is open on my calendar. Maybe we should do a simple white elephant pen/blank/something exchange as well. That might be fun.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks like we are set:

Ohio Chapter - December Meeting

Saturday December 19. 2:00 PM +

Holiday Ornament exchange

Potluck (I'll supply the main meal)

3362 Foskett Rd
Medina, OH 44256

This is open to anyone!!!
Spouses & kids are welcome

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wifey interpreted, laughed and said... NOPE!

My last experience with a Turduckin was to watch my brother-in-law drop it into a deep fryer in his garage, and watch it volcano and melt his garage door... :eek::crying::bad::banana::banana::banana:

How about Texas Red Chili (beanless) and a cold cut sandwich platter!!! Wifey will make a Bourbon Carrot Cake!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well... Best Laid plans :mad: I just got scheduled for hernia surgery on December 17, so I have to cancel my offer to host the meeting.

I'll also make a general thread posting.

I could host on the 12th, but things are getting close for everyone's holiday schedules. Post here if you want to come on the 12th, or try to meet at Hartville on the 19'th.

Sorry folks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom