December 12 Mtg Count

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Folks. Life beat me up for a few weeks, but I'm getting my bearings back.

So, December 12 is fine for a potluck at my house. 2:00 PM; I'll supply main dish and refreshments.

3362 Foskett Rd
Medina, OH 44256

No demo, [I]shop is available for anyone to mess up[/I], a Holiday Ornament exchange for anyone who wishes (I hope I have some turning time myself, but...). I do have some sputnik shells for anyone to make an ornamemt with if they want...

Spouses/friends/kids are VERY welcome.

Use this thread to indicate a yes/maybe/no so I can see if this is a go or not. I'm fine to host, but I'm permanently closing my business the day before (11'th), so I will be busy.

Hope your days are bright and dusty!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
For further viewers: We have 7 plus my wife and I (2 cats...)[:cat::bananen_smilies047:]

So this is a go! Hope to see everyone!

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well folks... I had planned no demo, although the shop is ava for anyone to get it messy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!

But... I will get all the mixings for us to make "Official IAP/Edgar Trail MIx"...

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/edgars-trail-mix-recipe-128532/

I'll get all the ingredients, and we can play in the kitchen as well as the shop!!!

Sounds like a party!!! :bananen_smilies039::bananen_smilies046:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As of now, the replies look to be 11 adults and a Little Princess.

I will make a big pot of "Texas Red Chili" (A beanless meat chili; Paul Prudhomme recipe). It starts out spicy and gets better as you add hot sauces as you wish...

And a lunchmeat/sandwich platter; Sodas, beer, coffee.

If you know what you are bringing, post here so others will know.

An ornament/turning gift exchange for those of us that had the time :). I got mine done, YEA!

I will also have everything ready for us as a group (whoever wishes) to make some batches of the "Official IAP - Edgar Dohmann Trail Mix" to take home.

The tools are ava for anyone wishing to get dirty!

Anyone else is welcome!!!

mike4066

Quick question for the guys who are headed to Marks this weekend.

Does anyone have a small log/thick branch 3-4" thick about ~2' long? I need to prep about 30 slices of wood so that my wife's Cub Scout den can make hanging ornaments. She specifically wants something with the bark for the live edge look.

I'll need to find something by next Tuesday so I was hoping someone might have something they could bring this weekend.

Thanks,
mike.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Quick question for the guys who are headed to Marks this weekend.

Does anyone have a small log/thick branch 3-4" thick about ~2' long? I need to prep about 30 slices of wood so that my wife's Cub Scout den can make hanging ornaments. She specifically wants something with the bark for the live edge look.

I'll need to find something by next Tuesday so I was hoping someone might have something they could bring this weekend.

Thanks,
mike.

Well, you can have hickory, beech, oak, poplar, walnut, ... Not a problem!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Chili peppers are in the oven to roast for the seasoning mix... anchos, arbols, serranos and chipotle...

:thunder::thunder::thunder:

mike anderson

Greetings Mark .. I have found your group thru Hartville Hardware .. I have met up with Majic Bob a few weeks back and would like to join your group .. I would like to attend your meeting (one person) in Medina on Dec. 12th. .. Thank's !!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Greetings Mark .. I have found your group thru Hartville Hardware .. I have met up with Majic Bob a few weeks back and would like to join your group .. I would like to attend your meeting (one person) in Medina on Dec. 12th. .. Thank's !!

Greetings Mike.

We would love to meet you! :handshake:

See you on Saturday.

Magicbob

come on Derek, if you leave now you should make it.
I'll even sweeten the pot and offer you a couple of blanks just for coming.
(Straight grained wood of course, we wouldn't want to be too overt.):wink::biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I burnt the first batch of chili peppers yesterday... Sometimes multitasking isn't the best!

Redid the peppers tonight and I've got a nice pot of "Texas Red Chili"... It will taste better after 2-3 days. :cowboy:

Anyone else is welcome!

Oh!!!! I got the tin from Ed Dohmann with the "Official IAP Trail MIx"... Now I have a REAL problem... How do I keep SWMBO out of the tin... :eek::eek::eek:

Derek... I saved a comfy spot in the barn for you! Right behind the dirt bike and in front of the pile of Hickory... :rolleyes:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I burnt the first batch of chili peppers yesterday... Sometimes multitasking isn't the best!

Redid the peppers tonight and I've got a nice pot of "Texas Red Chili"... It will taste better after 2-3 days. :cowboy:

Anyone else is welcome!

Oh!!!! I got the tin from Ed Dohmann with the "Official IAP Trail MIx"... Now I have a REAL problem... How do I keep SWMBO out of the tin... :eek::eek::eek:

Derek... I saved a comfy spot in the barn for you! Right behind the dirt bike and in front of the pile of Hickory... :rolleyes:

Glad to hear the pkg arrived in time. Sure wish we lived closer so I could have delivered it in person. Have fun, ya'll!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've been trying to rearrange my schedule too. I have an early evening event, so at best I'd pop in for a bit in the afternoon. Hope that loose commitment is ok!

Everyone is buried this time of the year (me included :rolleyes:). This is an open-ended gathering. Folks can come and go as their schedules dictate. Shop is ava :hammer:; food is ava :good:; I'll send Mike out into the backyard with a chainsaw :eek:; Magic can chat with my wife about "liquid chemistry" :beer:.... I need to talk to Jon about some artwork :question:... Just an easy day!

Jontello

Working on these to bring to the potluck. Pepperoni Rolls! YUM. See you there tomorrow!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 215

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Fun Afternoon!

We had a very nice Ohio IAP Potluck this afternoon. 15 adults and Jon Tello's adorable 2 year old princess (sorry Jon... you are doomed with that cutie!).

Very little time spent in the shop - Argo13 gave a test run to a new... (secret).. No, nothing of mine.

95% of the time was spent socializing, chatting and eating! It was great to have 6 awesome spouses who tolerate our addiction.

And a special welcome to Mike and Lorie Anderson - wait until you see his future posts - something very special!!! And he will be doing a demo at the 2016 MPG!

And we actually did make a batch of Edohmann's Official IAP Trail Mix! So you were there in spirit Edgar! :)

Happy Holidays to the rest of the Ohio Crew, as well as all the folks in IAP!

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2427.jpg
    IMG_2427.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 209

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
See the bowl in my hand in that photo above? I spent the entire time eating that ridiculously delicious chili!

Great to see such a nice turnout.

Thanks to you and your wife and cats for hosting, Mark!

attachment.php

That's my wife's cat "PHANTOM", she loves taking selfie's - nice photobomb Jeff!

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat:

Top Bottom