2015 MPG: 4/10 - 4/11 (Date now 4-17!!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I threw out an offer to drive a 15 seat van to the MPG in Champaign, IL and there is some interest, so...

There is not a set return plan yet, so opinions can matter.

I'll throw out a suggested agenda, and please make comments if it works, or if something is better for you (and possibly others).

So here is a tentative Plan:

I will leave Medina at 10:00 AM Friday. Local folks can come to my house for coffee and bagels/donuts and leave cars, or I can certainly make convenient stops along the way off of I 71 S.

We can come back either late Saturday if folks have obligations; or Sunday AM. I am comfortable with each.

I have no problem getting a room with 2 double beds and having a roommate. And the assumption is EVERYONE snores! :)

Google maps indicate a 6 hr drive from Medina going west from Columbus.

As of now, tentatively there is interest from Magicbob; argo13; and kingkeyman. OTHERS ARE WELCOME!!!

I would say the van will be comfortable with 8. 2 per bench seat. It will hold more.

If there is only 4 or 5 of us from Ohio. I may post on the Indiana site if anyone along the route want to hitch a ride. If we get to 6-7-8, that would be a good size.

I do have a preference to get there Friday, as I expect to set up a display for a "project" which will be announced in a few days. A meeting was held yesterday to work on the particulars.

FYI: Last year rooms were hard to come by if not done early. Rich Coers (low_48) has indicated trying to get a group block, so that is a possibility.

I may just jump the gun and get a room for Fri & Sat with cancellations allowed.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I'm up for splitting a room with someone.
No snoring here as I use a C-pap, plus I could sleep thru a nuke so others don't bother me.
I think you made a spelling mistake....you typed bagels and it should have been bacon.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm up for splitting a room with someone.
No snoring here as I use a C-pap, plus I could sleep thru a nuke so others don't bother me.
I think you made a spelling mistake....you typed bagels and it should have been bacon.

OK Bob! You're on. I'll get the room set this week and PM you the particulars. And you're correct, I did type wrong. I meant to type... "And Magicbob will turn my bagels into bacon." :dog:

kingkeyman

I would say the van will be comfortable with 8. 2 per bench seat.

Mark[/QUOTE]

I want to see how you are going to fit 8.2 of us in one seat. Me and Bob ain't small:smile-big:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I would say the van will be comfortable with 8. 2 per bench seat.

Mark

I want to see how you are going to fit 8.2 of us in one seat. Me and Bob ain't small:smile-big:[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are going to bring your wife... You are going to be a pain in
the a..! :at-wits-end:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK, so I'm not good in Math, or memory (driven these vans for 25 years and forgot the layout...)

4 bench seats, 2 up front, so 10 easy!

I'll wait a week, then post for any Indy folks along the way.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Rooms are hard to come by as it is "Mom's Day" weekend at the University of IL.

I could not find anything in town under $200 a night!

So... I did book a room at a Super 8 in Tuscola which is about 20 miles south of the Spot the MPG is being held.

I also can CANCEL if before April 9. 2 beds, non-smoking, $201.50 for the 2 nights. So if something better comes along, great, if not, we keep this.

If this isn't good for you Bob, that's fine, just let me know.

Argo13

Guys, I am in! Sorry it took so long to nail down.

Mark, I tag along if the offer is still good.

Anyone need a roommate or should I reserve another room? Thanks

Jason

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Morning Jason.

So far it's You, Magic Bob, Bob Jackson and I. As of now Magic Bob and I are sharing a room. Check with Bob Jackson as a possibility. I assume you knew the dates changed - now 4/17 - 4/18.

I'll post a general Conversation thread to get any other hitchhikers.

Should be fun.

Top Bottom