1st meeting was a success!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

UNOFFICIAL REPORT

There must have been thirty people at Wood Werks for our meeting this morning. It was great to put faces to names and see firsthand so many well made pens.

Funny moment: the sign-up for the Kallenshan blanks was backed up because there was only one wooden pencil available for filling out the slips. I had to laugh about a gathering of pen makers with no one using one of their own pens.

The plexi finish demo went well, though I couldn't get the lathe speed adjusted. Everyone stayed back far enough that no clothes were ruined.

JR Beall's Pen Wizard demo was great - several good modifications in the production model over the prototype I previously used. Several guys went home with a Wizard under an arm.

Thanks to rjwolfe and his wife for getting us organized and going, vangaspens and Ron Damon for hosting, Kallenshan for the kits and mrcook4570 for the gift certificates and everyone that brought blanks to trade.

I learned some new things and met a few people I want to get to know better (and pick their brains for techniques.) Can't wait for January!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

What a great meeting. I learned a lot today. Thank you all for attending. Thanks goes out to thewishman and JR Beall for the their demo's. I am more confident on trying a plexiglass finish. I am now even more envious of people that own the Pen Wizard after seeing it up close and personal. I want to also thank Wood Werks and vangaspens for allowing us to use their classroom. A special thanks to Ken at Kallenshaan for the laser kits and Stan (mrcook4570) for the gift certificates. I really learned a lot and met a lot of great people. I am looking forward to January as well.

melogic

All I can say is WOW!!!
Ginny and I had a great time. We really liked the plexiglass finish demo. Thanks Chris (thewishman) for sharing that with us. Also, thanks J.R. Beal for the demo of the pen wizard. As soon as I get back to work, I will own one of those. But most importantly, thanks to Rob (rjwolfe) and his wife for doing a great job of putting this together. Thanks to Vangaspens for allowing us to use Wood Werks for a meeting place.
Thanks to Ken Nelson at Kallenshan woods especially since I got the skull kit.

It was good to meet everyone and put a face with a name and to see all of the wonderful pens up close. We left with a bag of wood and a few toys from the Rockler store as well. See everyone next time.

Harley2001

Hay i would like to say thanks to everyone.I had a great time.now i am setting up PW.maybe next meeting i'll have one done.

Jim15

I would also like to thank all those responsible for setting up the meeting, the prizes and the demo's. Looking forward to the next one.

Ricks

Thank you rjwolfe3 for all the time you put in to bring all these people together. I loved looking at all the fantastic pens.The demo from JR Beall I could have done with out because now I have to have one and I will be broker than I am now.Thanks again to everyone.

Grizz

Banned
Yes, this was a very good meeting. Thanks to Rob (and wife) for putting things together. I learned a few new things, like how the Plexi finish is really suppose to go (thanks wishman). And I enjoyed JR's demo of the Pen Wizard even though I had to go and sit away from it at one point (knee bothered me... stupid knee).

My favorite (laugh moment) was when it was time for the drawing just about everyone who left early had their name pulled for a prize.

Remember: Must be present at drawing to receive prize. LOL

George7

I want to add my thanks to all who contributed to making this meeting possible. I'd never been in a place with that many pen-turners before. The demos were great,the prizes terrific, and the blank swap was a great addition.

rcarman

Thanks to rjwolfe3 and his wife for the work they put into organizing the event. Woodwerks and Rockler for allowing the use of the building. It was fantastic to meet and put faces on the "posters" here at IAP. Loved the demos by J.R. Beal and thewishman(Chris). Ken Nelson donated some nice laser cut Sierra blanks as door prizes. Great time and hope we continue.

graybeard

Thanks to rjwolfe and his wife for getting the first meeting going. The fine folks at Woodwerks for letting us have the meeting there and a special thanks to Ken at Kallenshaan Woods for the kits and Stan at Mestari Designs for the gift certificates. The demos were great. Hope t osee everyone at the next meeting.

Chris in Jefferson

fshenkin94

Great first meeting. It was nice to meet some locals and exchange ideas. Looking forward to future meetings. Thanks to RJWolf for getting it organized and thanks to Woodwerks for hosting.

Top Bottom