1/24 Best meeting yet!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

The morning started with free pen kits and snakewood blanks all around. The winner of the new Powermatic lathe was thrilled, as were the 5 winners of the $1,000 gift certificates.

Then I woke up. Rats!

About 20 guys showed up for the meeting. Jeff Nist (wickford) gave a great demonstration of the CA finish. Jeff used bushings he made from a delrin cutting board that were tapered to fit 'most and pen kit - an idea I intend to copy.

Noel (sorry, I forgot your last name:redface:) has been collecting rare and beautiful woods for over 10 years and has set up pen blanks for sale at Wood Werks. Noel has been generous in giving away blanks at our last two meetings - the blanks in the bags - and has a lot of great-looking blanks available.

Next meeting is tentatively scheduled for April 11 at Wood Werks at 9:00AM. There will be two demos: Making a Pentel pencil by Bob Taylor (betty44720) and French polish finish by Charlie Vangas (vangaspens).

Thanks to all who participated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wickford

It was a great meeting! Very nice to get to meet some folks and we had quite a few interesting discussions! Can't wait till the next one!

One other note...Thanks to Chris (thewishman) for running the meeting and keeping things moving smoothly!!

Still sorry Rob couldn't make it, but hopefully we'll meet at the next one...

rjwolfe3

Sounds awesome, wish I could have been there. Look forward to being there in April.
Oh yeah, anyone take any pictures?

Last edited:
Top Bottom