DWR 2009 & IAP Penturners night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Announcement regarding the Arizona Symposium and the Penturners Night.

IAP - Pen Turners night at the Desert Woodturning Roundup 2009

Who- DWR 2009 & International Association of Penturners
When- Feb 6th, 2009 Friday evening starting at 6 pm till 9 pm
Where- Mesa Convention Center 263 N Center, Mesa, AZ 85201
What- Penturnes, meet & greet, demos, & more.
Contact- Anthony Turchetta IAP member 480-575-0729

This year in conjunction with the DWR 2009, there is a Special event, The International Association of Penturners (IAP) will be hosting a get together Friday evening. You do not have to be registered for the DWR symposium to attend. This is open to all! From beginner & up.

MEET & GREET - will start at 6 PM, so come over to shoot the breeze and get caught up on what's new in the penturning world. Who knows, there should be some turning celebrities in the crowd.

SHOW OFF YOUR PENS- We will have a display table for you to bring your masterpieces and show off your work. Please have them in some type of zippered case or small display box.

TIPS & TRICKS - There will be several Penturning demos starting at 6:30 PM by some really talented folks. Learn how to do – Hidden Clips, CA finishing, the dark secrets of fountain pens and more.

Q & A session will take place so you can grill the panel with your turning and finishing questions.

FUN- Most of all, we are here to have some fun and enjoyment. Learn a few things along the way and maybe win a door prize. So come on out Friday night!

Contact info

DWR 2009 - http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/
Anthony Turchetta http://penworks.us

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Just as a side note, you may want to come a little early. The vendor area at DWR will only be open until 6PM. It will be open to the public and AZ Sil. will be there along with Kallenshaan Woods and many others.

PenWorks

BUMP

Just a reminder about the Penturners Friday Feb. 6th, 2009 , Mesa, AZ prior to the Arizona Woodturners Roundup.

A tenetive schedule has be made for the Demo's

6:30 Mike Vickery - Hidden Clips
7:15 Don Ward - Ca finishing and closed end mandrels
8:00 Anthony Turchetta - Fountain pens
8:30 Q&A

Hope to see a good crowd. :)

abaum

Hello folks..Can you please tell me where at the show you'll be meeting up (back of building, front of building, etc).

adam

PenWorks

Hello folks..Can you please tell me where at the show you'll be meeting up (back of building, front of building, etc).

adam

That is a great question Adam, Don't know :eek: I will not knwo what room they assign us till I get there. I am sure we will have signs up and around, one more thing I need to do, make a note.....make signs :)
See you there.

jclark58

I'm pretty sure it will be held in either the Palo Verde I room. That's the room Bonnie Klein will be using on Saturday and Sunday and will be setup with at least 2 mini lathes last I heard.

Here's a map of the facility. The Vendors are in the Main Hall, registration is in the Lobby, and the Instant Gallery/Crafter's Corner will be located out in the Rendezvous Center at the North end of the parking lot.

http://www.mesaconventioncenter.com/pdf/Facility_room layout.pdf

Jason

jclark58

Anyone wanting to attend but not yet registered for the 2009 DWR please contact me. I have a lead on a pair of discount tickets being sold by a husband and wife that are no longer able to attend.

Thanks
Jason

Pen Maker

I went to one of these about six or seven years ago. Little secret, brush up on your cumbaya or things will get a little difficult real quick!

PenWorks

Well we had a great time last night, the official ticket count from the doors prizes was 89 and with the late straglers I would say we had over 100 folks in attendance! :eek: Not bad for the first go around.

I would like to thank the Arizona Woodturners Assoc for the great room we had, big and beautiful to hold a standing room only crowd.

I was busy playing greeter, host and MC, so really didn't have time to take many pics, I am sure when Jason is done helping out with the syposium he will post a few as well.

There were plenty of great door prizes to go around and thanks to the venders that donated. Three lucky folks are drinking their brew this morning from new IAP mugs :)

Hopefully IAP will get some new members and some donations from this and if any one was their last night, feel free to post or put in some pictures.

Pics,
Standing room only
Show off your pen table
Mike Vickery demo hidden clips
Virgil demo CA- I think he was giving a blessing or telling a Texas fish story, not sure
Virgil signing another autograph with ED and Ken Nelson

Attachments

• standroom.jpg
    standroom.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 274
  • soyp.jpg
    soyp.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 304
  • mike demo.jpg
    mike demo.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 303
  • virg_dem0.jpg
    virg_dem0.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 269
  • virg_autograph.jpg
    virg_autograph.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 295

Pen Maker

I heard that Neil Diamond showed up as guest sanger? Is that true? Guess we missed all the fun! Hey wait a minute here. I recognize some of these fella's from the orthodontist's convention across the hall. What Gives?

Nickfff

Tony,
Thanks again for coordinating-I know this took alot of effort. It was a very cool event and good to see some local penturners. It looked like standing room only mid way though! Thanks to Don Ward for the demo and Mike V. for the his hidden clip demo...fun was had by all...it also helped that I won a door prize : )

Nick

Top Bottom