Welcome to the NoVa/Capitol Forum!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Living in the area and an interest in joining us for the annual picnic and other events. In other words, welcome to the group Grumps!

The annual picnic is held at my place (Stafford, VA) in the spring. If anyone wants to pick up on an autumn picnic, please feel free.

Cheers!

MDWine

Hello boys and girls... I feared our NoVa contingent was going to die!

So... When do we SHOW AND TELL ?? (Heck, I'll even make a few pens to show and tell!)

NoVa may not be the best for our more southern friends... may have to go to Fredericksburg or near 'bouts?

Just a thought...

follow3

Can I play too???

Hello all,

I took a break from turning for a couple of months. Now I am back and the entire forum is different. I like it!!!

I live in S.E. VA (Hampton)

I would like to be a part of this chapter if everyone agrees???

Thanks all,
Steve

follow3

Krystals

Hey Greg,

We can have the picnic at my place in Hampton, but you have to bring a couple hundred Krystals with cheese...LOL.(and a few chillie cheese pups)

The wife and I drove all the way up there on the first weekend the Roanoke Krystal was open, just to get a bag of cheese burgers. I am originally from Chattanooga, Tenn., the birth place of Krystals. Every time we go to visit relatives I bring back Krystals for everyone.

Have you eaten there yet?

LOL LOL (and salivating)
Steve

Thinking of joining the local chapter. No Va's a bit of a truck from Roanoke but it sounds like it'd be a fun time meeting a lot of the faces behind all this typing we do.

Draken

Thinking of joining the local chapter. No Va's a bit of a truck from Roanoke but it sounds like it'd be a fun time meeting a lot of the faces behind all this typing we do.

81 to 64 to 20 to 3 to 95 is all it takes to get to the spring picnic. :airplane: And as Lou said, all are welcome. We also occasionally get together for show and tell, usually meet up at Harbor Freight in Woodbridge or Woodcraft in Springfield. Although we haven't done one since JimGo left. :confused: Certainly need to get another one of those planned. These would be a bit of a hike for those of you farther away, as they typically last only an hour or so.

We also occasionally get together for show and tell, usually meet up at Harbor Freight in Woodbridge or Woodcraft in Springfield. Although we haven't done one since JimGo left. :confused: Certainly need to get another one of those planned. These would be a bit of a hike for those of you farther away, as they typically last only an hour or so.

We could target the Richmond Woodcraft...

Steve,

I haven't ever checked Krystal's out and didn't know about them 'til I saw your post. They're on the other end of town and I don't get to West salem too often but next time I'm over that way I'll have to give 'em a go.

Greg

Rstyleusa

Good Afternoon,

Just found this website today, thanks to the Mrs., and I am excited to be in the company of so many others that enjoy this art. Looking forward to meeting some of you if I can make the picnic this spring. What a great group of people and a wealth of knowledge.

Chuck Key

Dario, I am not the spokesperson for the group but I have a question. Are you accepting only one entry per Chapter vs say one from Nova, one from Richmond and say one from Tidewater or Maryland?

Hope you guys will enter IAP's 5th birthday bash "Chapter Collaboration Contest".

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41286

I am trying to survey how many potential entries we will have and would appreciate it very much if you can confirm.

Thank you,

Crashmph

Hi All,

I live in Springfield, VA and would like to jump on board with this chapter. I look forward to sharing ideas and pens with the lot of you.

Crash

Dario

Dario, I am not the spokesperson for the group but I have a question. Are you accepting only one entry per Chapter vs say one from Nova, one from Richmond and say one from Tidewater or Maryland?

Chuckie,

The decision is only one entry per Chapter.

Thanks,

jimofsanston

Richmond area.

The NOVA traffic is a Bear to get around in. trust me i know i have to tavel from Richmond to DC and maryland to work sometimes. I meet a few guy's here in the Richmond area at the Woodcrafters in Richmond. I spoke with the manager there and he like the idea of having the IAP chapter meet at that location just need to set it up. I was trying to get a chapter going here too because it is more centralized than Stafford. Would anyone be interested in starting a chapter here or doing a sub chapter? Need a head count. If it is a lot maybe we may have a seperate chapter.

Last edited:

Druid

Now what could be more centralized than beautiful historic Stafford? And the complaint about our "I survived I-95 commute" that we local warriors soooo look forward to everyday? :eek:

Now who would possibly would want to miss out on all that fun??? LOL If classes were offered on audio books and given all the time I've spent in traffic, I would have three PHD's by now!!! :biggrin:

Will you be serving some cheese with that whine down in Richmond?? (Just kidding, couldnt resist myself!!) :tongue:

Draken

The VA/DC/MD chapter started as a group of folks mostly in the Norther Virginia area who shared a common interest and met up at the Woodcraft in Springfield. BigRob held the first picnic up in PA. I held the second (and third) one in Stafford, VA, and it was open to anyone who was willing to make the drive. This is how we became such a diverse group of folks from quite a large region. All of this was before the "Local Chapters" section of this updated forum software. The Local Chapter makes it easier to communicate and coordinate with everyone, but was never intended to be the only chapter in the area. If there is enough interest in a Richmond, or Tidewater, or Norfolk, etc area please feel free to start up a new chapter. All it takes is an email to Jeff or to DCBluesman to get a new chapter forum started and you'll well on your way. Folks "in the middle" can be a part of multiple chapters if they wish, no rules saying we can't. :wink: And I'll continue to keep the picnics open to anyone willing to make the drive, regardless of which chapter you may prefer. I've also removed the "invite only" setting for the NOVA IAP social group as that may take on a more central role than the Local Chapters as Jeff adds new features to the fourm. But until that time, the Local Chapter forum will be the main source of communication.

Top Bottom