Yet another New Member from Maine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla67

No its not coincedence. Shep and I are neighbors. He got me into the pen turning addiction. Pens for everyone for x-mas lol. Look forward to learning from you all!

Shep and I recently turned a few Moose & Deer antler pens, being that we are int he woods of Maine, material isnt that hard to come by.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Rod & Shep....good tidings to your & yours....hope you got a heater in the shop!!!!! BRRRRRRR Maine??? gimme 40 degree TX anytime!!! Good luck on the antler pens...I've done a few, tough to get a good long, straight section of base horn (the biggest part??) dunno what it's called!! lol anyway, good luck with the smell too!!!

adios, Ron

Rodzilla67

Originally posted by RonInSpringTX
<br />Welcome Rod & Shep....good tidings to your & yours....hope you got a heater in the shop!!!!! BRRRRRRR Maine??? gimme 40 degree TX anytime!!! Good luck on the antler pens...I've done a few, tough to get a good long, straight section of base horn (the biggest part??) dunno what it's called!! lol anyway, good luck with the smell too!!!

adios, Ron

Yeah that smell is pretty nasty! Don't know what that part is called, we refer to it as the Butt?!?! Deer antler seems to stink more, not sure why. Could gag a magget.

Its amazing how little material you get out of such a huge rack. Mostly marrow, dont think that woudl work out very nice! lol

LEAP

Hi Rod,
The beach can be a lot of fun but I usually don't spend much time at the amusements. My kids like FUNTOWN and AQUABOGGAN in Saco more than the rides downtown.

Rodzilla67

Originally posted by LEAP
<br />Hi Rod,
The beach can be a lot of fun but I usually don't spend much time at the amusements. My kids like FUNTOWN and AQUABOGGAN in Saco more than the rides downtown.
Yes my kids do also, We tried Splashtown for first time this year ( Always aquaboggin prior) and they loved it. Any great eateries I been missing out on? Love Radley's always get a nice 2" thick Porterhouse steak when I visit, and of course cold beer!

Almost got into fight last year on the beach. Had 3 creepy older foreign guys trying to get pictures taken with my 16 yo, and 8 yo daughter. I was rather upset, thankfully there were cops on the beach. I was ready to put my martial arts training to the test! lol Got lots of stories from OOB I guess, some good, some not so good like the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom