/wave from Council Bluffs IA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CasperPage

I'm new to IAP, found out about it from one of the facebook groups. I've been turning since 2011, love it. my lathe died last summer so i've been without for a while, got some great advice to, hopefully, get it back up and running soon.

I love to turn pens and small items like boxes, bowls and the like. I use a 3/4HP Turncrafter Commander 10 in. Variable Speed Midi Lathe hoping to upgrade it once I can start selling pens again.

I am most interested in pouring my own acrylics and doing fun stuff with those. I've had a few turn out great but a lot that haven't. I think that will be where my focus is for now.

Greg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Caspar Council Bluffs rings a bell in my memory two separate members of my fathers family emigrated from Scotland one group in 1841 and the other cousins mob in 1847. They became part of the Mormon Battallian made their own Wagon and moved to the Salt Lake area lost his Dad at Winter Quarters, the other group using handcarts moved with the Hancock Martin group to also settle pioneering Utah.

We have a documentary history of them. Sad to see your lathe chucked it in look forward to seeing your work in the fulness of times. Welcome from Canberra the Nations Capital.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom