UK Here, new to IAP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Finch

Greetings

I thought (after the very nice PM that I received!) I would introduce myself.

I am Coll and I live on the south coast of the UK in Hampshire.

I re-started turning three years ago when my Dad offered me his lathe and my wife said yes please. I have spent more than I care to share (a common story) on a new lathe, tools, bits and pieces etc. All of it declared to my very understanding management.

Pens are the main passion but I have just bought a Joyner off-centre jig for pendants and am enjoying the learning process (and the extra accessories that go with it). I also love green wood but don't get to turn it very often.

Unlike many people, I enjoy turning acrylics and having just started with painting tubes it has opened up a whole new scope of colours from the same blank.

The attachment is a slimline with tubes painted in silver (a spray can of wheel paint I bought stupidly cheap to see what happens). It's a screen grab from my instagram account so I apologise for the writing on the image!

Thankyou so much for having me here, I hope one day to be able to take an intelligent part in conversations!

Attachments

• bluacrylicslimline.png
    bluacrylicslimline.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Mr Finch..... Make sure you post your pen in the show off your pens forum. So you can be entered in the drawing for new members there...

Topsy

Oh, I'll need to get some silver paint!
I enjoy turning acrylics too, I fall in love with the colours everytime..

Welcome! :)

Top Bottom