Turning Tides

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello everyone,

My name is Scot Brown. I am 15 years old and I am taking classes at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). I just started turning pens last Fall after learning from Bill Bettag. I really love turning pens. Here are a few that I have made recently. I'm trying to sell pens to help pay my way through school.

Sincerely,
Scot W. Brown

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Maverick KB

Great looking pens. The copper and purple on the cigar is a nice match up. A little different and I'm not big on purple, but I really like the way that one looks. Well turned on all!

*second look*
Is that a chechen cigar on the left?! One of my favorite woods. Very under appreciated in my opinion.

Last edited:

flyitfast

Scott, welcome to IAP from San Antonio TX
Looks like you are on the right trail from the looks of your pens. Keep up the good work. Hope they will be of great help in getting your college education.
There is a wealth of education in pen turning here in the IAP Library to assist you as you grow in your skills.
Show us your future pens.
Best of luck,
Gordon

Rolandranch

Welcome to IAP! You have some very nice pens. I am also turning pens for my college education. There's a lot to learn here and a lot of great people to learn it from. Stick with it and you can go far.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken,

No that is actually Cocobolo with the Cigar pen kit. I have actually made a pen with Chechen. I believe that may be what the executive style pen is made out of on the right side of the purple cigar pen.

-Scot

OZturner

Welcome Scot, from Sydney Australia.
Nice assortment of Pens. From the photograph, it looked to me that some pens, could have been turned a little thinner, in particular near the Clip Finial. It is a frequent occurrence with new turners to avoid turning down to the Bushing, due to nerves, and inexperience.
Have a Critical close look at your pens. In particular the Phoenix Risings, and see if you are really happy with their shape.
Congratulations, You have a Good Future in Turning, I Trust your sales venture is successful.
Brian.

Top Bottom