Turner in NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VampMN

Hello everyone. My name is Margaret and I live in Charlotte, NC. I have been turning pens for a few months now. It's really the only kind of turning I have done, but I am looking to branch out into other things.

I've been a member of the forum for a couple of months, but this is my first post. Mostly been looking around and absorbing the vast amount of information here. Just figured it was time to introduce myself.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and learning new things.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome from the Buckeye State Margaret. Don't be shy, post pictures of your pens!:)

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from sunny southern California, Margaret.

You might want to start at this link for more on the IAP Site:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=63&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

This link is - a PDF document on the acronyms used here on the IAP site. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

Below are links to threads/articles that have some information on pen turning.
First is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

VampMN

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Very cool to see some NC people. I will try to get some pictures posted before too long. Still working on taking decent pictures. Thanks again!

Hucifer

Welcome from just up 77 in Mooresville, Margaret! I'm just in from Texas. Moved over from Kingwood a couple of months ago. So if I missed anything interesting in the last few months guys... fill me in!

VampMN

Hi guys! Thanks for more welcomes! You are a truly welcoming bunch. And let me say welcome to NC, Hugh. It's a beautiful place to live.

Still working on getting some decent pictures of my pens. I'll post some eventually, I promise.

Parson

You live in the most beautiful state in the nation. One day I hope to move to your neck of the woods! Welcome!!!!

skywizzard

Welcome Margaret,

Pen turning is a great hobby and this is one of the best forums I have been involved with. Glad to have you.

rebelgal1

welcome

Hello everyone. My name is Margaret and I live in Charlotte, NC. I have been turning pens for a few months now. It's really the only kind of turning I have done, but I am looking to branch out into other things.

I've been a member of the forum for a couple of months, but this is my first post. Mostly been looking around and absorbing the vast amount of information here. Just figured it was time to introduce myself.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, and learning new things.
welcome, nice to see another female join the ranks , i live in lexington u are probably the closest member i have ran across,, that is lexington NC enjoy the penmaking, I love it when i have the time

PenMan1

Margaret, A great big welcome from the muddy banks of the Oconee and Apalachee rivers, down in the Empire State of the South.

Now, how about the scoop on that bike in your avitar? It looks like some type of 1970's model Honda CB? More info, please! Many bikers here,too!

VampMN

Thanks for even more welcomes, everyone!

Andy, the bike is a 77' KZ400s. The one with only a kick start. I must say, learning to drive/ride a manual on a bike that doesn't have an electric starter is not something I would suggest to anyone! My gf has an 82' Yamaha Maxim 550. Been raining here a lot lately, so we haven't been able to ride as much as we'd like. Hopefully that'll change soon.

PenMan1

Thanks for even more welcomes, everyone!

Andy, the bike is a 77' KZ400s. The one with only a kick start. I must say, learning to drive/ride a manual on a bike that doesn't have an electric starter is not something I would suggest to anyone! My gf has an 82' Yamaha Maxim 550. Been raining here a lot lately, so we haven't been able to ride as much as we'd like. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Sweet Ride! The Temperature here for the past week has been over 100 degrees with 70 + percent humidity and ZERO wind. It is TOO HOT to ride here using the safety gear (leathers) that should be used.... So, I feel your pain!

Top Bottom