A Sunny Hello from SoCal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DucatiSS

Just wanted to say hello from my new shop here in So. California. I am new to this forum, however not new to forums in general. I am a moderator on a Chevy SUV forum.

I have recently moved here from IL. where I had the luxury of having a 1/2 basement available for my woodshop. As many know that live out here we have no basements so I make do with part of my garage. When I moved I made sure to bring anything and everything that I needed for pen making which is my real love. ( shhhhhh dont tell my wife, please :foot-in-mouth:)

I thought I was on the intermediate level until I started viewing some of the pics here. All I can say is " I am not worthy" :redface:

So I will just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. I am sure I will ask my fair share of questions, and I will try to help where ever I can.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Hi Bill, welcome from Michigan. And yes, I know that humbling feeling you get looking at some of the works of art here. This is a great place to learn and there are so many willing to help.

Wild Turkey

Welcome to the IAP Bill. I too am humbled having never turned a pen until after I joined. To date have probably made over 300 different pens and only about 30 or so I feel even come close to what the masters can do standing on their head, with one broken arm, did I throw in and that is with the lights off in their shop!!!!!

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome to the group and check out the local chapter forum. The greater LA and Inland Empire is planning a get together on May 16, so you will have a chance to meet some of the local turners in person.

ngeb528

Hi, welcome to the forum. You'll find out more info than you believe around here. Ask any questions you wish, someone will have an answer for you.

Have fun.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Bill. Pen making is fascinating! Enjoy it and post some picts.

Below is a link to a PDF (file on this site) that gives a general overview of many aspects of pen turning as it relates to tool, methods, pens and finishes. You have been making pens for a while, so most, if not all, it will be familiar to you. I usually post this to all new members in case it can help in some way.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

DucatiSS

Welcome Bill. Pen making is fascinating! Enjoy it and post some picts.

Below is a link to a PDF (file on this site) that gives a general overview of many aspects of pen turning as it relates to tool, methods, pens and finishes. You have been making pens for a while, so most, if not all, it will be familiar to you. I usually post this to all new members in case it can help in some way.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Thank you. As you said, most of the info I know but I am always thirsty for knowledge and I will never say I know it all.

Welcome to the group and check out the local chapter forum. The greater LA and Inland Empire is planning a get together on May 16, so you will have a chance to meet some of the local turners in person.

I may just do that, thanks

Hey I'm close to you Rancho Cucamonga..... yes I said Rancho Cucamonga!

Ever since I moved here I loved telling friends back home that we went shopping in Rancho Cucamonga... :biggrin:

Manny

Thank you. As you said, most of the info I know but I am always thirsty for knowledge and I will never say I know it all.

I may just do that, thanks

Ever since I moved here I loved telling friends back home that we went shopping in Rancho Cucamonga... :biggrin:

Victoria Gardens rocks!

Top Bottom