Steamboat Springs, CO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave Winters

Hi! I'm not a pen turner, but I do a lot of smaller stuff like jewelry and so forth. I do some polyester resin casting and turn some corian as well.
So I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute but I'll step in here and there as time allows.

If you're not a skier / snowboarder, Steamboat is a ski resort in the northwest corner of Colorado.

If you do ski / ride, come to Steamboat and look me up!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Dave. Post some picts of your work; Keep up with the work here and let us pull you into pen making! :biggrin:

Been over most of CO several times except for the NW corner. Someday after retirement hopefully I will get to that part. The problem with the NW corner of CO is that I start out from the south east and can't seem to get past that first range of mountains on the east, or southern CO. :biggrin: Beautiful country!

S

spiritwoodturner

Hey Dave!

I live in Parker, but I absolutely love Steamboat. This whole State is unreal, but Steamboat and Pagosa Springs are our favorites, although I'd never live anywhere other than Parker. When my wife and I were dating we camped up in Steamboat, tubed down the Yampa, ate at the Old West (is that right) Steakhouse, and had breakfast at Michelle's as I recall. Then again, that was before a plane crash into Lake Erie in a snowstorm, 2 kids, and about 15 years ago. All I know is we have fond memories of Steamboat, and I think we're bringing the kids up this Dec. to ski. We have a timeshare in Pagosa and want to use some points up there. Send me a PM with contact info and perhaps we could hook up!

Welcome, this place is really a treasure trove!

Dale Sherman

S

spiritwoodturner

Wow, Dave, just looked at your other stuff, just lovely. Are those wine bottle stoppers in the last one? Whatever, really lovely.

And Hank, you are missing one of the least traveled but prettiest places in the State up there. The Yampa Valley is unique from anything else in Colorado, in my mind. Get back out here, boy!

Dale

Top Bottom