South West Indiana Pen Turner - New to forum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hoosierken

Hello.
The name's Ken or Kenneth. Live in Southern Indiana. Been wood carving and wood turning for some time now. I've been reading this forum for a while but just now stepping up to say hi. I like to read a lot of the older posts before saying too much.

When I started turning pens I used the mandrel system. Ditched that pretty quickly and went to centers. My day job is in calibration so I'm very comfortable with mics, calipers, and indicators. I'm always trying to step up my work and I'm normally very hard on my own work. I started out with an old RTC lathe but now do all the pen turning on a PSI lathe. Keep the old RTC for larger rougher work.

I mostly make my pens for my own collection or for gifts. Although I have done several for commission. I stay busy with my day job plus do photography for weddings and portraits.

Anyway, That's me.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Welcome from Lebanon, IN Ken! I did the same and lurked for a while before I started joining the discussions.

While I'm saying hello: It's getting a little close but I'd like to welcome you to join us at the quarterly meeting for the Indianapolis Chapter of IAP being held in Avon, IN this Saturday. If you're interested in more PM me or drop into the Indianapolis chapter forum where the details have recently been posted. Regardless, welcome and it's good to see you speaking up.

Top Bottom