Sort of a Newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

Hi, my name is Marla ... I'm new to this site, have been a member of Paradise :island: for about 4 months now and started turning pens late Fall last year.

I hope to learn lots from everyone and have posted a pen that I'm hoping to find out what kind of wood it is. Hope someone can help.

Marla

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Welcome, Marla! It's nice to have more girls around here, to offset some of the crusty old buzzards. Like me.

Dale

ngeb528

Hi Marla. Glad to have you here.
Ask any questions you have. Everyone around here is great about offering advice and info.

Nancy

Fred

Marla, Welcome to the Forum!

Whatever you do, do not withhold ever from asking questions. We are all here to help each other ... especially new members! :biggrin:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hello Marla; Well, I see you really get around! You"ll like it here. Lots of penturners who give freely of their extensive knowledge, but don't forget us from that other place.:)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Marla, Glad to have you here. I am a member of Paradise also. Just joined there a couple of months ago.

So, below is a link to a PDF file that gives a general overview of tools, methods, pens and options. I know you have been turning for a few months but this might be helpful. It does not go into detail of the many aspects at all, but just gives a general overview and options. There are a few minor mistakes that will hopefully be corrected in the near future but overall it gives some basic directions.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Crickett

Hello Marla; Well, I see you really get around! You"ll like it here. Lots of penturners who give freely of their extensive knowledge, but don't forget us from that other place.:)

Hi Mack! Didn't even know about this site until Pete told me about it, looks like there's lots here to see and read about.

But don't worry, Paradise is where my home is!! Although I have found lately that there hasn't been as many people posting???

Marla

Sabaharr

Welcome Marla from Louisiana. I too amd a newtimer here, as opposed to some of the "crusty oldtimers" as they refer to themselves. In just a few weeks the other members have helped me on several issues so I echo them in saying for you to ask anything you need to knoe. Chances are someone has already faced the problem and has an answer for you. Good luck,
Stephen

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Mack! Didn't even know about this site until Pete told me about it, looks like there's lots here to see and read about.

But don't worry, Paradise is where my home is!! Although I have found lately that there hasn't been as many people posting???
Hi Marla; the posting does seem to run in spurts. I think the other matter is your pens are showing some of us up, so we are a little gun shy to show pics in that regard.:) Keep up the great work!

Crickett

[I think the other matter is your pens are showing some of us up, so we are a little gun shy to show pics in that regard.:) Keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone!!!

And Mack ... I hardly doubt that!!! I can't believe the talent everyone has!!! It seems they don't only turn pens but also all the other stuff as well.

Marla

Top Bottom