Snow bound in Montana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Good morning everyone. First off I'm new to pen turning and I'm also new to using this format so if I mess up I'll apologize up front.
I've been woodworking for over 40 years now. I've made furniture, a ton of picture frames, turned some bowls but never turned a pen. As my name implies, I'm a semi-custom knife maker and started making knives after retirement 4 years ago. The knife business is good but not really as steady as I'd like. Last year I saw an add for pen turning and thought I would look into it. After viewing a short video I think I was hooked. Bought a pen turning "kit" from PSI and started turning pens that were supplied with the kit. I gave them away as Christmas gifts and everyone praised my work. So I'll start turning more after I get my shop set up and use this medium as a filler for my knives (or maybe knife making as a filler for my pen turning). I live in Wolf Creek Montana which is located between Helena and Great Falls. My wife and I live completely off grid with the nearest power line being 8 miles away. We're within a stones throw from the continental divide and are loving every minute of it. I'm retired from the petroleum industry and served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam war.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hi Tom !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Been through your part of the world many, many years ago. Beautiful country !

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Welcome aboard Tom. I just Googled Wolf Creek Montana.....:biggrin:

I am not jealous..
I am not jealous..
I am not jealous...
I am not jealous....

Ok....I'm jealous..:redface:

MDWine

Welcome aboard!

There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!

The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Thank you for your service.

rockb

Hi Tom, welcome...you'll like it here. IAP is the source of all things penmaking and lots of other interesting things. Thank you for your Service to our Country too.

Thanks for the responses

Good evening all. First off, thank you for your welcome messages. I had no idea the reach this website offered. I'm looking forward to sharing with everyone my future turnings. Like I said, I'm new at this so I'm pretty sure there's a big learning curve that I'll need to straighten out. I will say however, some of the welcome responses were hilarious. I'm still laughing out loud and I think my wife thinks I'm a bit crazy. Thanks again and happy turning.

Top Bottom