Segmented, swirls, celtic knots, new from Oregon, USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Denver395

Hello to all the Pen Inthusiasts; My (Denver395) was a nickname bestowed by my Uncle when I could barely spit! My name is Denvy and love to turn. At first my thoughts turned to bowls, then two segmented chess sets, different projects, then pens. My favorite is creating the slimline to resemble the favored European Style. I make my own center bands. My newest project is fountain pens. I bought the best kits available and just discovered I need two special drills. I have a great selection but the hole should be drilled properly so to wait for the correct drills shall be my next move. A Locust tree came down today, rounded out some bowl blanks and wound up with many pen blanks. Seems the center of a locust tree is darker wood than the last inch or two. Makes a drastic contrasting pen blank. Hope to learn lots here and help when I can...Denvy

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 344
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Hello to another West coast turner. Your work looks nice. I like using slims to make a variety of pen styles. Welcome to the world of pens from the foggy city by the Bay

ctubbs

Welcome Denvy, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom