Scott Bonner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott Bonner

Yes have a shop in basement in Denver Colorado. Enjoy making fountain pens. Have been using the PSI classic elite 2. What do you like?

JimB

Yes have a shop in basement in Denver Colorado. Enjoy making fountain pens. Have been using the PSI classic elite 2. What do you like?

I turn a lot of other items and only a few pens. I turn bowls, hollow forms, lidded boxes, bottle stoppers, bottle openers, tea candle holders etc.

For pens I keep it pretty simple. No fountain pens or rollerballs. Sierras, cigar, Atlas etc.

I usually don't know what I am going to make until I walk into my shop. I look around and pick something up that strikes me at the moment and start to turn.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Scott.

You'll find a wide range of turning interests, skill levels & motivations here. I'm kinda like Jim - I've made a few fountain pens & rollerballs, but I'm not a big fan of either. About the only RBs that I use regularly are those with magnetic caps. I turn a lot of slimlines, mostly Pens for Soldier projects & for new members to our church. My personal carry pens are medium-sized Parker-refill styles. I like to turn many other things as well and I often don't know what I'm going to make until I get out to my shop and a piece of wood speaks to me.:)

I hope you will join in on some of the contests & activities in our upcoming BASH celebration. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edgar

Top Bottom