Salutations from Montreal Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gorgumplatz

Salutations to all,

I recently found a new interest in fountain pens and in particular the restoration of vintage fountain pens. This has also sparked my interest in the fabrication of fountain pens. I am visiting this forum with the aim of exploring pen turning as a new "hobby".

I live in near Montreal Canada. I work as a professionnal geologist for major international engineering consulting firm. I was recently diagnosed with cancer (lymphoma) and have been on sick leave for several monts now while undergoing chemo therapy. Things are going well. So far so good!

This off-time has given me the opportunity to rekindle my interest in fountain pens, penmanship, pen restoration and to explore new areas like penturning. I and many people I know use fountain pens and the art of writing and drawing. As a like to make things I would like to make original fountain pens as gifts for my friends and relatives who use them.

Having and background in geology and mineralogy I would like to incorporate unique minerals or crystals within the pens that are made of various casting resins. I am therefore looking at tooling up for this new line of activity and look forward to learning skills and exchanging with others on this web site.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:):) Hi Donald: Welcome to IAP !! I also have had 2 cancers removed, so I know where you are at. Hope everything turns out good for you. I have worked crystals, gems, minerals, and metals into some of my pens. Look under my photos. If you would care to send me some samples of what you want to work in, I will be more than happy to see what I could come up with. Any material would have to be around a 1/4" or less wide and very thin. Minerals could be crushed into a power or salt grain size. Please note, I am not a "master" penturner, nor do a hate Canada or it"s people !!! Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom