Rossi from Los Angeles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rossi

My name is Oswaldo Rossi, and I am a pen turner based out ot Los Angeles. For the past 2 years I had been "lurking" on the AIP site in order to develop a better understanding of the various processes and techniques. During this period, I discovered that I was proficient on making "watch parts" pen. For this reason, I edited a small 3 minute video clip of the making of a watch parts pen. That video can be seen at Oswaldo Rossi - YouTube. Hope you ejoy.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Welcome to the home of the most interesting pen turners around. Liked your video. What glue do you use to adhere the watch parts to the tube?

Rossi

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Walshjp17 - I use medium CA glue from Rockler to affix the watch parts.

The video is a "rough cut," my intention is to convert it to a "tutorial"-style clip, which I'm hoping to have up in about a month.

One thing I wanted to point out - the finished pen that is the subject of the close-up shot at the end of the clip is actually not the pen that was assembled / turned in the video (there were some lighting issues when I taped the actual pen, so I opted instead to include footage of another pen to act as a placeholder until I re-shoot that final scene, and can substitute in the proper scene).

Sataro

Welcome from Corsicana, TX! Thanks for the video clip. For someone who's never done a watch pen blank, it was helpful on showing the rolling of some of the parts.

Top Bottom