Rookie from the Great City of Belton , Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aaturner

Hey guys and gals. I love the forum and hope to pick up alot of great advice here. A little about me , I am a Dad to 3 great kiddos, we love the outdoors and spending time as a family. I starting pen turning ,because I got tired of watch TV on mute. Wife is going to school to earn BA in teaching. So when she is studying , reading , or doing homework , tv is always too loud. Sooooo, I have now become a pen turner in the garage. And I love it. P.s. she dont know how much I have spent on equipment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hey guys and gals. I love the forum and hope to pick up alot of great advice here. A little about me , I am a Dad to 3 great kiddos, we love the outdoors and spending time as a family. I starting pen turning ,because I got tired of watch TV on mute. Wife is going to school to earn BA in teaching. So when she is studying , reading , or doing homework , tv is always too loud. Sooooo, I have now become a pen turner in the garage. And I love it. P.s. she dont know how much I have spent on equipment.

Welcome to the IAP family all the way from Australia.

Well, the best advice I can give you in relation to your "P.s." is, unless you have a dog's house with a comfortable and warm bed, you're better to keep it that way...! :biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

hcpens

CARDINAL RUELS

Cardinal rules of pen/woodworking:
1. Spend - before spouse finds out.
2. Give spouse the first pen as a surprise
3. Give spouse any items made that they like, before selling to a customer.
4. Don't show the spouse too many turned items, are you will run out of money for tools.
5. THE MOST IMPORTANT - Have FUN

:eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin

stonepecker

Welcome to the IAP from Minnesota.

Best advice........take her to her favorite hooby store and close your eyes.
If you say nothing about how she spends money on her hobby........then she won't say nothing about yours.

Enjoy the fun.

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum. My wife retired 18 months ago after 32 years in preschool- from teacher to director. Your wife will find a lot of challenges with the way schools and teaching are done now as opposed to 32 years ago.

Top Bottom