Roger the pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

roger the pen

:)Hi, I am a charity woodturner, and pen maker from Colchester in England, I like making pens from out of the ordinary materials, like the snake skin ones i get from the USA, they work out quite expensive, especially if the are to give away for charity. I also use Bog Oak,and i have just recently managed to get hold of some Victory Oak, which is from HMS Victory, Lord Nelsons flagship,they sell bits of it from bits they take off of it as it is under going long term repair in dry dock in Portsmouth in England. All for now, more from me another time.:cool:

Mark

Welcome to the IAP. Sounds like you work with some pretty neat products.
Enjoy your stay. The site is loaded with great information.

roger the pen

Reply fom Roger

Welcome to the IAP. Sounds like you work with some pretty neat products.
Enjoy your stay. The site is loaded with great information.
:) Hi Mark, Thanks for all that, it really makes me feel welcome, and if you don't mind me saying so, you yourself make some pretty neat pens, (as per your photos) Thanks again, Roger and out.:cool:

Mark

Thx Roger. I'm just a newbie. There are hundreds of people on here, with work, I can never hope to create.

bitshird

Roger welcome to the IAP, I too am looking forward to seeing some of your work, your pens made from the HMS Victory sound especially good.

Rfturner

It is always good when there are more people on this sight it sounds like you have access to some very unique combination of products good luck.

roger the pen

Reply to Ryan

It is always good when there are more people on this sight it sounds like you have access to some very unique combination of products good luck.
:) Hi Ryan, Thanks for your great welcome, Yes it's very time consuming finding woods that are different. Thanks Roger:rolleyes:

roger the pen

Reply to Ken

Roger welcome to the IAP, I too am looking forward to seeing some of your work, your pens made from the HMS Victory sound especially good.
:)Hi Ken, Hi Ken Thanks for to welcome, The HMS Victory Oak is great to turn, but the old nails and metal in it does not do my bandsaw and turning tools a lot of good!:eek: Thanks again, Roger and out

roger the pen

reply to writeitdown

Welcome Roger, from one Newbie to another!
:)Hi writitdown, Thanks for the welcome, I see you come from Canada, I have some English friends who moved out to Aurora in Ontario in Canada, must get over to see them,the tell me it's a great place to live, all for now, Roger and out.:rolleyes:

its_virgil

Welcome Roger from another Texan...NW of Lyle about 100 miles...sorry...161 km. Lots of information here and everyone is willing to help when asked.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

CSue

Local Chapter Leader

roger the pen

Reply TO Cathy Sue.

Welcome Roger. You may not need these links, but what the heck . . .

This link is - a PDF document on the acronyms used here on the IAP site. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.
http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

:) Hi Cathy Sue, Thanks for the very nice welcome, you all sound like a nice friendly lot out there, And also thanks for the info on the links. Roger and out.:wink:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here is a link to the thread on how to post [photos to the IAP album.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35783
Also in your replies "go advanced" and starter threads there is a tab at the bottom for "manage attachements" its in the additional options box.
Click on the manage attachment button and it will give you box to browse your computor to choose pictures to up load or if your the savy computor type the urls of where your photos are hosted elsewhere on the web.

roger the pen

Reply From Roger

Greetings, Roger, and Welcome to the Forum!
:)Hi Fred, Thanks for the warm welcome, I hope it's warmer on your side of the pond! than it is here in Colchester UK, Did you know that Colchester where i live, is the oldest recorded Town in Great Britain, Just some useless information i carry around with me:rolleyes:, Roger And Out:cool:

Top Bottom