Probably the Youngest IAP Member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

I am the youngest person I know of on the IAP. I am 16 years old and live in Fort Myers, Florida. I have been turning pens for about 9 months now. My grandpa gave me a pen, and I decided it would be a fun thing to do. About a month of straight research and a little bit of an investment, and off I went. I never thought I would be where I am today! Here are some pictures of a pen I finished yesterday, going to be my personal pen. Black Titanium Majestic Rollerball with Black and White M3 Mokume. All comments welcome!

Marshall

M3 Majestic 9.jpgM3 Majestic 16.jpgM3 Majestic 8.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Let me introduce you to a young lady in Wisconsin.

Fourteen, I believe.

I know her grandpa (a member here) pretty well, he may give you a "formal introduction" at the next charity ball!!

WELCOME to the IAP!!!

PenMan1

Nice Pen and Welcome! I couldn't even spell M3 at age 16. Much less Magestac... I magestick...I mean.... Oh well nice pen, and keep up the good work.

hilltopper46

Welcome, from Wisconsin.

I think your interest in turning pens is way better than what about 95% of 16 year olds are interested in these days. Keep it up, and if you do get tired of pens, there's a lot of other things you can do with a lathe, not to mention a lot of other types of wood working. Hang in there.

kruzzer

Gllad to see you joined IAP.... To all I'm fortunate enough to know Marshall and have seen his work from the beginning... even his first pen well done. Keep up the great work and keep those tools sharp.....

Fred

Marshall, Greetings youngster, and Welcome to the Forum!

Amazing pen you have shown us. Very nice indeed! Go for the 'introduction' that Ed has suggested ... she is into wood working as well! :)

fiferb

Cindylee

Hello Marshall,

I can vouch for Marshall's work. He comes into our Ft. Myers Woodcraft store and he does an superb job! His pens are stunning irrelevant of his age.
Keep up the good work my friend!

MartinPens

Welcome Marshall - from California.

My brother is visiting me right now and he lives in Ft. Myers. Nice pen! Looks like you are off to a good start. There are great ideas and lots of helpful info on here. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing more of your pens.

Martin

hiharry626

Welcome Marshall! I'm 15 :tongue:
Nice pen, I haven't started pen turning just yet since I don't have woodshop till next year.

J pendragon

that is a great pen. real nice for only nine mounths.

"ps" sorry though u r not the youngest one here.

Top Bottom