Pendiana Jones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Hello for Indianapolis, Just got into pen turning and can't get enough of it. Spending a lot of time reading, watching, and learning by trying. Purchased a Jet Mini on craiglist and have upgraded it with a VS conversion kit. Bought some beginning pen kits and blanks and am having a blast. Also have done some other simple wood working on my shopsmith. I met Ed4Copies a couple of weekends ago at a craft show and saw some of his outstanding pens. I have a "little" ways to go to get to that level :). I will have trying though!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Ron welcome aboard. Check with Rockler in Castleton to see when they are doing a pen demo. The guy that does them is Bill Betag and should get you well on your way to surpassing that good for nuttin Ed. :biggrin: Especially if you turn wood! :eek:

Linda and I are over in Zionsville. We will have some time in Sept. if you want to get together and turn a few.

Mike & Linda

redfishsc

Welcome!

I have not met Ed in person, but he's been a marvelous help to me here on the forum. He certainly knows how to make a good pen from some sweet resins.

Be sure to look at the resin/acrylic blanks he sells, he has some NICE ones.

Just don't rush yourself, resin blanks take time and patience, especially during the learning curve.

Sylvanite

Welcome to the group. Enjoy the neverending challenge to get to the "next level". For me, at least, it seems that every time I reach the next level, it turns out that there's another one beyond that to shoot for.

Happy turning,
Eric

JohnU

Welcome to the best information center in the WORLD! Ive found that the best way to get where others are that I envy is to just jump in and try it. Good Luck!

PenPal

Welcome

From Down Under in Australia, you should enjoy contributing on this site and learning from the experts and others like yourself, all have the same desire to share and learn.

Peter.

Top Bottom