Pen Turning in South Korea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CGW-WoodWorks

Hi Everyone,

In my quest to become a better pen & pencil photographer I stumbled upon this site. Can't believe I didn't find it sooner. My Korean friend Cento is a fabulous craftsman with a new-found passion for pen turning. I'm an English teacher with a photography addiction. Together we formed CGW WoodWorks and sell a few of our creations on ETSY.

I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone here.

Cheers,
Greg S

Ps. Our Latest Creation

Attachments

• Pencil.jpg
    Pencil.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,255
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking pencil and a great photo.

I've got to ask, since my photos tend to look less than desirable, how to you get them to look so nice?

scotian12

Greg...beautiful pen and photo. That has to be one of the best designed pentel pencils I have seen. The clip fits perfectly and while the pen is thicker than normal it allows for some interesting detail. I hope we will see more of your photos and pens. Its great to see a new perspective in making pens. greg ...your photography is way above my level of expertise but it great to visually experience it. Darrell Eisner

CGW-WoodWorks

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Leviblue: I checked out your site and photos. Your pens look great and I think they would come across even better if you changed a few things with your pictures. Lighting is key. Your light is very uniform so the pens lack dimension. The backdrop is also a bit distracting. Try and create more distance between the background and the subject as you can so it throws the background out of focus. Then just light your pen with a big, soft light from an angle so you get more shadow which will thus create dimension.

That's what I find attractive but's it's certainly not the only way.

Hope that helps,
Greg

Top Bottom