Peak colors here in VT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DB in VT

Good afternoon,
I started turning pens a few months ago. My wife asked me why I do it every evening and I told her it was my way of ridding myself of the stress of the workday.
My hobby has started to produce a small amount of revenue since people see my pens and realize that I can customize almost anything for them.
The attached pic shows three of acrylic and three of wood. I really like working with the wood but the plastic often gets more attention because of the range of colors. Box elder burl, crosscut black palm and buckeye burl are the three wood samples.

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_3016.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Glad your able to destress your life. These show that you definitely have talent in being able to turn different shapes.

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Dennis !!!!!

I agree with you ... pen-turning is a great stress reliever !!!

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Dennis. Great looking group of pens. Make sure you post them in the show off your pens forum. That way you will be entered in the contest drawing for all the new comers this month....

DB in VT

Box Elder burl pen

I have to say that the Box Elder Burl pen turned out that way by happenstance. My final sanding was with a dark piece of 1200 grit paper that looked new. But. . . I had previously used it for finish a piece of ebony. When I applied the 1200 sandpaper it immediately transferred some of the ebony dust to the burl. I immediately saw how it boosted the contrast of the grain and decided to stop while I was ahead and apply finish.
That pen stays in with me, at least until I decide to try to replicate the results.

Top Bottom