PayPal Contribution - No Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave Talbot

Hi:

Just joined and sent in a payment through PayPal because of all the great resources here and the nice, helpful folks. Sent in a payment/donation through PayPal and did not receive a thank you. Not really a problem but, it would have been nice. I have donated to other sites for my other hobbies and usually get nice thank you. Just a suggestion. I'll contribute more. Others should get thanks, I think.

Regards to all,

Dave

P.S. Didn't know who to direct this to to keep it confidential.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Welcome Dave (fellow Canadian from Ontario). Thanks for the donation. I won't tell anyone about this to keep it confidential. Lol. I am sure your suggestion will not get swept under the rug. Look forward to seeing some of your work.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Dave, your fellow Canadian, Maxwell Smart007 is exactly correct. The site owner, Jeff, is away froom the forum, and the donation went to the account he uses for the site.

Thank you, and welcome.

wood-of-1kind

Thanks Dave for your contribution to keep this great site going. "They" say thank you in a "quiet" way. just like the humility of Canucks. Enjoy your stay here.

scotian12

Dave ...Thank you for your donation. This is a great site and your contribution is much appreciated in keeping it going. Welcome to the group and we all look forward to seeing some of your pens. A fellow Canadian to the East of you. Darrell Eisner in Halifax, Nova Scotia

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Dave and welcome to IAP. I certainly appreciate your donation. Anyone who donates to help this site keep going I am grateful for. Thank you.

You are correct about the many resources available here. Its almost "too much" at once. So below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

Len Shreck

Welcome Dave and Thank You for helping the site. You know its guys like you that make a site like this possible I agree 100% that the resources and people here are priceless. Dont be shy jump in and make some new friends and share your experiences with us and maybe even learn a thing or two. Len Shreck

Ligget

Thanks for your contribution, I always receive a personal thank you from Jeff each time I donate money, must be because of vacation but you will get one whenever he returns I`m sure!

Gin N' Tonic

Thank You Dave

Like the Phoenix, I've been here in one name or another for many years and Jeff has always thanked his contributors. Please keep in mind that Jeff is only one man and he is in charge of a site that grows by leaps and bounds year after year. (Quite a lot of work for one man to do). I'm sure that once Jeff returns from vacation, thanking those who donated in his absence will be at the top of his priority list. I'll also add my name to the list of those who are grateful for those who contribute to the IAP in both the monetary way and also those who share their knowledge. I doubt that penturning would have progressed so far and so fast had there not been sites like this one.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Dave

My sincere apology for not acknowledging your donation in a timely manner. My inbox is a mess right now and as I mentioned in the email to you, the paypal notice slipped through the cracks. I acknowledge 99.999% of donations within 24 hours.

Anyway, we appreciate your support!!

Best - Jeff

PS: And thanks to you all who chimed in with your thanks!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Dave,
I personally appreciate you and all others that contribute to keep this site financed and going - and to Jeff for ALL that he does to keep it up. It has become a great community and wealth of information, inspiration and creativity as well as personal help and encouragement.

I am looking forward to returning home (USA) in just about a year for retirement and spending MORE time here and in making pens. Because of people who do support this forum, I have a place to "run to" at the end of most of my long days of work.

Thanks again.

Len Shreck

So all is my picture showing on my posts now? It took some time and some help but I finally was able to change from JPG to GIF and get it posted. Thanks You Cathy Sue for all your help. Len

sdemars

Oh heck ! ! !

You guys make it so exciting to donate . . . I just sent another contribution . . . . .

And, it's OK guys, you don't have to thank me . . .

I'll just "steal" some more ideas from other members . . . . . . :)

Steve . . . .

Top Bottom