Paul in Oshawa ON

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pdale

Howdy Folks. I'm new and interested in getting started in pen turning.
My shop is frozen in the garage so no progress for a while.
I have an ol Ohio-Forge lathe and am a new turner.
Would like to see different setups.
I have purchased a beginners kit from PSI and am just getting started.

73's Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgscott

Careful, Paul. Penturning is more like an addiction than a hobby. I'd start rehearsing phrases on your wife like, "It's worth it, Honey. We'll be selling TONS of pens!"
Doug

broitblat

Welcome, Paul.

Start thinking about insulation and/or heating, because once you get started you're not going to want to sit out the winters...

-Barry

scotian12

Welcome Paul from another Canadian who is just down the road from you. The temperate is -1C outside with a major snowstorm. I'm cosy inside my garage/workshop at 14C. and am able to turn. I hope the weather and temperature improves soon for you that you can get into making pens in earnest. regards Darrell eisner

Hi Paul

You are real close to Ajax you should drop in for breakfast the first Sunday of each month at Eggscrepe on Baily.

Mack C from Brooklin who is a pen turner is always there. Mack gave me my first lessons and it has been fun ever since. Usually a little show and tell and lots of discussion on everything.

This is the link to the Feb meeting but always first Sunday each month same time same place. Everyone welcome

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/showthread.php?t=24675

Top Bottom