One more from Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Camardelle

Hello all. New to turning pens, and turning in general so I hope to read and learn a lot here. Starting with pens and very interested in casting my own blanks. Currently a retired educator who hobby welds and powder coats cups for fun and a little profit. Thanks for admission to the group.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Camardelle

I guess I should have included my location other than Texas huh? LOL

I live just north of Houston in Willis. Thanks for asking and thanks for the welcome!

Sataro

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas!

I just retired from education myself this past May. There is a lot to read on here. Many great tutorials. Better than all the tutorials though, is all the friendly folks on here...

If you have a question about something, feel free to ask. Someone will provide you an answer or a solution to your problem.

Camardelle

Thanks guys! I changed my status on Facebook to "The envy of every working teacher on the planet" on my first day off campus. LOL!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from another Houston area member, Howard. We are happy that you found us. We just held a Houston area get-together at the SW Houston Woodcraft store a few weeks ago. We don't have another one scheduled just yet, but you might want to subscribe to the Greater Houston Chapter forum

Be sure to post some photos in the Show Off Your Pens forum. That will get you entered into our monthly drawing for new members.

Camardelle

Will do Edgar. I'm on the mailing list for the group that meets on the north side now. There's a meeting this Saturday I'm considering. Thanks for the welcome!

Bob in SF

Welcome from San Francisco, Howard.

This site is brimming with education - and turnings are naturally graded on a friendly curve.

- Bob

Welcome!

Welcome from south Arkansas! Not retired yet, BUT it is in the near future! Been in education since 1976....that's too long! lol

Camardelle

Take the leap Phillip! Trust me, retirement trumps working any day. LOL

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Top Bottom