One more newbie here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weim

I have just been turning pens for about 2 months now. I love making pens, so far I have made about 30 slimline pens. I told my wife it was a great time to start. As you can guess most of my relatives are getting pens for Christmas presents. The main question I have is what pen should I try and start next? I was thinking of a comfort, cigar or one of these new pens I saw at PSI. Anyways any tips or tricks would be greatly apppreciated. One of thease days I should put some pictures on here. Thanks for everything.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Welcome, Tim! Here's my tip....go and round up all of your expendable money lying about the house and savor what it feels like to have it. [;)]

Then we'll look forward to seeing your work! [:D]

hughbie

Welcome Tim! i've only been turning pens since the end of april and yes, i too have fallen into the realms of "what can i get now, what do I need/want, which kits to work with. i started with slimline, then to euro round top, never made an american, went to cigar.
Since then i have delved into the fountain pen family, el grande and the churchill.
But, i saw to you, i have just started turning some sierras......ohmygawd. i love the feel/balance and everyone i work with does ooohhhhhs and aaaahhhhhhs
i've even done some mechanical pencils.
so the world is your oyster.....get a catalog, open to some pages with pen kits......close your eyes......stand up and turnaround 5 times quickly and then put your finger to the page........and that's the one you wanna go to next! (why not?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom