Not so new member

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carelg

Well, after two years i have to break the silence and intrduce myself.

I am living and working in Pretoria, South Africa and woodwork is my hobbie. I would love to turn BIG bowls, but unfortunatly with my JET Mini lathe i am restricted to size.:( But that allows me more time to turn pens:D!!!

Pen kits are nearly non-existant here (to all you spelling purist, take note that english is not my first language[}:)]:D[:0]), but we make a plan.

I just love this site, there is so much to lookup and learn!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carelg

Originally posted by skiprat

'N Boer maak 'n plan, maar 'n Engelsman maak dit reg.

Welkom na IAP:D

Skiprat, i know that you would reply to this mail:D

My grandfather had a saying that you can only say in afrikaans.

"Die Engelse is slim, maar hulle kan nie sout maak nie. Het jy al geproe hoe proe Engelse sout!:D:D"

I will try to translate it for the english speaking world, but the real meaning will be lost. The afrikaans for Epson Salt is "Engelse sout" so a direct translation will be " The Englishmen are clever, but they can not make salt. Have you ever taste English salt? (Epson salt)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, Carel. As a Soutie or Rooinek living in RSA, we had to put up with loads of kak from the boerseuns. My brother and I had to go to the only school in Evander. It was only Afrikaans back then.

I got back from work tonight and the weather was good enough for a braai. We had wors from an SA shop near us and our local 'checkers' even sells Castle!!!!!!! :D

Top Bottom