Nice Site, Hi from Chelsea, AL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JMCU

Thanks, I am new to pen making and was informed of the IAP at Woodcrafters, Pelham, AL store. My turnings up to this point has been mostly Christmas ornaments and got a request for a desk pen set at Christmas. Without the information contained here it turned out to be an informative and humbling experience. Since joining i have spent a lot of hours learning from the library and forums many things and appreciate the oppurtunity to do so.
Thank You All.
jm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carpblaster

hello

jm
good day, I live in Shelby on laylake;my daughter lives in chelsea on hwy 43,maybe we can touch base some and help each other out, i just orderd a delta,selling my big sears, too big for my metal building. give me a shout
carpblaster:)
Rodney Ross-205-670-9166

Last edited:

firewhatfire

Welcome, I live between you and Carpblaster that posted a couple above mine. Be glad to meet and share ideas sometime. I enjoy that as much as turning pens.

Phil

76winger

Welcome from Indiana JM

As you've already seen there's a wealth of good knowledge and whole bunch of good people on this site. Hope to see you around more and sharing some of your own creations!

keithlong

Welcome from athens Alabama, i was coming through pellham, and went by woodcraft and the building looked empty. has it closed?

firewhatfire

It has moved around the corner on to Hwy 31. go on to the intersection and turn right. It is on the right between the auto parts store and pawn shop. You barely have to get out of the meerge lane before turning into parking lot. I was in there a couple days ago.

Welcome from athens Alabama, i was coming through pellham, and went by woodcraft and the building looked empty. has it closed?

JMCU

Thanks Everyone for making me feel so welcome. I can only hope to produce a pen that would be worthy of presenting it to you all considering all the great work I have already seen here. Rodney and Phil I would be honored to meet you. There are always techniques which are better communicated in real time than from text. I live on Hwy 51 near 280 and work in Columbiana. Keith maybe we will see you at the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddle Convention in the fall.

firewhatfire

Where you work and when are your off days. I am sure we can arrange a get together at the house. I am just out of Columbiana and I think I can pursuade carpblaster to come up off the river. Sounds like it could be a fun. How many pens are you into this madness and do you need wood blanks to practice on? I have alot of those also.

Phil

cwolfs69

welcome from southeastern Virginia. yes this site saves, in some cases, years of learning techniques. you still have to play and learn your own adaptations, but the basics of almost any technique are here somewhere.

Top Bottom