Newbie from Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am new to pen making. My intention is to create on my cnc machine. I've found very little information on how this is done. I know it's not the traditional way but I plan on using my cnc for other things also. Any pointers on how to get started and general what to expect from the cnc machine. I have Mach 3 and fusion 360. I expect to use Corel Draw to create my artwork. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Welcome. If you're anywhere close to Richmond, we have a club that meets on the second Thursday of odd number months at Richmond Woodcraft at 6:30. Next meeting in September. I've been using CNC to make pens for almost 10years. Several others in the group also playing with CNC or variations. Many different ways to use them for pens. Be happy to discuss.

You can engrave, carve in 3D, make facets, threads and more.

Last edited:

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Have fun!

Welcome. If you're anywhere close to Richmond, we have a club that meets on the second Thursday of odd number months at Richmond Woodcraft at 6:30. Next meeting in September. I've been using CNC to make pens for almost 10years. Several others in the group also playing with CNC or variations. Many different ways to use them for pens. Be happy to discuss.

Do you meet up at any other day (weekend)? I work in DC and don't get home until 7:30

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam

Do you meet up at any other day (weekend)? I work in DC and don't get home until 7:30
Not formally, but always willing for phone or email conversation or better yet start a thread here with questions and get responses from around the world.

Top Bottom