Newbie from Spain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Titus

Hi masters of penturning

First of all I apologize if I mangle your language because I'm spanish and english is not my mother tongue, I'll do my best to try to avoid it but I'm human and for sure I will write something erroneously.

I want to learn as much as possible to create my own designs. I'm interested in woodworking, stabilizing wood and create with resins.

For me it's very important to see how more experts are making their designs and how they finish them.

Really happy to be there

Regards
Titus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Titus; Welcome! Your English is better than my Spanish....

Be sure to look at the Library and Wiki Links at the top of the page. LOTS of good information there on all aspects of penturning and other small objects.

Again, Welcome... Randy

robutacion

Hi masters of penturning

First of all I apologize if I mangle your language because I'm spanish and english is not my mother tongue, I'll do my best to try to avoid it but I'm human and for sure I will write something erroneously.

I want to learn as much as possible to create my own designs. I'm interested in woodworking, stabilizing wood and create with resins.

For me it's very important to see how more experts are making their designs and how they finish them.

Really happy to be there

Regards
Titus

G'day Titus

Welcome from the land of the Kangaroos but I was born Portuguese and yes, your English is 1000% better than my Spanish...!:wink:

You mentioned your interest in woodworking, stabilising and casting but you haven't told us if pen turning is included in your plans...!

I ask this because there are so many possible variants and casting is becoming a much bigger subject than it ever was, I'm specifically referring to the making of table tops with a mix of wood planks and resin, known as river table tops. You know when you are dealing with a big enough table top when the user mentioned to have used about 180 litres of Epoxy resin, you think I'm joking, look here...!

This is off-course the exception, the rule is a lot smaller surface table tops but the principles are identical to casting pen, knife and other blanks so, some explanation on what you are more interested in, would help us help you...!

Cheers
George

Titus

Hi masters of penturning

Really happy to be there

Regards
Titus

G'day Titus

Welcome from the land of the Kangaroos but I was born Portuguese and yes, your English is 1000% better than my Spanish...!:wink:

You mentioned your interest in woodworking, stabilising and casting but you haven't told us if pen turning is included in your plans...!

I ask this because there are so many possible variants and casting is becoming a much bigger subject than it ever was, I'm specifically referring to the making of table tops with a mix of wood planks and resin, known as river table tops. You know when you are dealing with a big enough table top when the user mentioned to have used about 180 litres of Epoxy resin, you think I'm joking, look here...!

This is off-course the exception, the rule is a lot smaller surface table tops but the principles are identical to casting pen, knife and other blanks so, some explanation on what you are more interested in, would help us help you...!

Cheers
George

Hi George

You're righ, I didn't mention my projects. My personal idea is related with mod boxes, vaper devices if you prefer. You can think that it's not so similar but there is one kind of device which is like a pen, instead of having a 2 or 3 cm wide the device is 3.5 or 4 and more or less the same length than the pen. Not only in the shape of a pen, I plan to make other devices like small hollow 'drawers' (8x4x3 cm) with lids.

I say my personal because my wife has a different approach. The project is her case is make jewelry boxes.

I suppose it's clear

Thank you for your interest
T

Titus

Welcome to IAP. Spain, one of my favorite places that I lived at while I was growing up, we spent 3 years in Sevilla during the early 1960's.

Nice city to live !!!

I live in Madrid but I visit south when possible, I love the south people

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Titus.

Be sure to check out the great contests going on this month, especially the Puzzles

All members are welcome & encouraged to enter the contests

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Titus! Glad to have you here at IAP. Join in the fun and don't worry about the language.

The majority of the folks here WERE born in the USA and we ALL have trouble understanding one another at times! :biggrin:

Although born and schooled in the USA, I lived in East Asia (Japan) for 25 plus years (immersed in their language) and as a result my communication is often discombobulated (confusing)!

You will fit in well! :good:

Top Bottom