Newbie from Finland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakali

Hi All, this is my first post here even I've been reading the forum for a while (lots of intresting information available). I have turned wood as a hobby for couple of years and now I got into pen turning. So far I have turned less than 20 pens but there will be more, a lot more... :D. I don't have album yet, but you can see few pens here: http://jakali.1g.fi/kuvat/puut/
Feel free to comment my pens, all feedback is highly appreciated while learning to turn pens.
-Janne
PS. I hope you all understand my english.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Welcome, Janne. I once dated a girl from Petajavesi. I should have married her, I think. And I have spent some time in Helsinki. Quite a lovely city, but far too many cell phones on the street.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Welcome, Janne. I once dated a girl from Petajavesi. I should have married her, I think. And I have spent some time in Helsinki. Quite a lovely city, but far too many cell phones on the street.

Ah yes, sometimes we marry the (depending on gender and tastes) girl/guy from Hell when Helsinki might have been better!

Jakali

Thank you for your kind words. It is also nice to notice that some of you have connections to Finland and even writes some Finish.
The platter is mine too, just a quick test to see what happens when it dries, it's quite thin and turned of wet wood. Maybe I'll add some pictures of my other work also some time later.

karlkuehn

Banned
Hi and a big welcome to you! This site has changed my whole aspect on turning, and after browsing and joining many of the forums out there, this one has become my second home. There's so much knowledge in the archives, it's just amazing, even for a seasoned vet!

I think the secret is that there's enough of us wackos out here posting crazy ideas and alternative methods (most of the time based on innovation due to lack of resources or tools) that you're bound to find something that you'd never have thought of even on a good (or bad) day! I know I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom