Newbie in Cincinnati!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ottotroll

Hi everyone,
I am Richard, turning 50 this year... Kids are almost grown (and everyone seems to think I need to broaden my horizons beyond the house, so....). I have been in love with the mechanisms of pens, since I first disassembled Cross, Shaeffer and Parker pens back in grade school). I became enamored of turned pens a few years ago (thanks to my daughter), and did a pen turning workshop at WoodCrafters in January.
Other things about me - we live in Colerain Township, in what used to be entirely country and woods (damn developers!). I am an avid reader, gadget freak, nerd (long before it was fashionable, lol), music buff, live with my wife, kids, 3 dogs and whatever cats that come to feed outside (Love the dogs, but the cats - not so much).
I have been in Printing PrePress for over 30 years, and am fluent in almost any Adobe program (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).

I am just looking for a hobby, and hope to make some knowledgeable friends along the way!

Thanks,
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Hi Richard,
Welcome from Virginia! You can and will learn most anything you want to know about penturning here. Check out the library articles, watch YouTube videos and ask questions.
Show us your pens when you get to it!

Karl_99

Richard - Welcome from northcentral PA.

I am also turning 50 this year and have recently started down the vortex of pen turning. It is a wonderful hobby and there is lots of knowledge and fellowship here.

Good luck

ottotroll

Well, It has been 2 months and @60 pens later...

most valuable lesson learned so far .... NEVER, repeat, NEVER (if you happen to burn your finger on a hot drill bit after gluing blanks with CA) stick your finger in your mouth!

For the record, I do learn from my mistakes, lol....

Top Bottom