Newbie but eager to learn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CraftyNana

I have been "turning" for technically 2 years BUT actual turning time, I have about 3 months experience with my lathe ... so I'm NEW :redface:. I am eager to learn about the pens and many aspects that can be done with them - they are so much more than "just basic turning" like one of my turning club would have me believe.

I know I'll ask many questions - I am of the philosophy (as a retired teacher) that "no question is a stupid question" unless you don't ask it. THANKS for your help as I grow in this skill.

I am a carver (songbirds, birds of prey, ducks) and pyrographer and thoroughly am enjoying becoming a turner as well. The artistic abilities and capabilities in working with wood are awesome and challenging - things I love. I met my husband through carving and he's the one that "saw a spark" in my eyes when I tried turning at a local woodworking exhibition/show.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for all things pen turning. You can get about all the information you need right here.

ladycop322

Welcome

Welcome from South Florida! I am fairly new and was in your shoes a few months ago. Everyone on this forum is eager to help with anything! I have met amazing people on this forum and only wish I lived closer to these fine people :)

Not many pen turners on this forum from southeast Florida!

Michelle :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi to you and your hubby, Beth.
Just one of the small things that make this place great is the sub forum where you are welcome to show other stuff that our multi-skilled members make besides pens. Please don't be shy to show us your bird carvings and pyrograghy. You'd be amazed at how many skills, tips and tricks can be used over many different hobbies. :) I'm sure you will get as many questions about your skills, as you can ask about penturning!! :)
Welcome to IAP :)

walshjp17

Welcome aboard, Beth. In which part of NC do you reside? There are two IAP chapters in NC, one around Raleigh and the other in the Charlotte area.

ironman123

Welcome to IAP, the premier penturner's forum. Check out the library for info and ask questions, answers are free. Would love to see pictures of some of your bird carvings.

Ray

plano_harry

Hi Beth! Welcome from Texas. Use the search function on the home page. There aren't many questions that haven't been asked - and you get lots of immediate answers - no waiting! Looking forward to seeing your work.

Top Bottom