New from Upstate NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Hi everyone. I've been reading everything on this site for the past month so I thought it was time to register and introduce myself. I'm Jim and I live in West Henrietta, NY, a suburb of Rochester. I bought my lathe about 2 months ago, a Jet 1014VSI, so I am very new to all this. I've made 21 pens, a few bottle stoppers and even a candy dish.

Each pen I make is better than the last thanks to all the great information I have read here and the tips I got from the people at Woodcraft. It's amazing how much great and free advice all of you share with the rest of us. You have even saved me some money along the way and that's been very helpful as this is my second new hobby in the past 9 months.

Thanks for sharing!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Welcome to the group Jim! As you have seen the members here are very helpful. Please take the opportunity to show off some of your work in the SOYP section. It is always great to see new work! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Jim ! Sounds like you're off to a good start . Hope you continue to benifit from the forum . I certainly have ! [8D]

JimB

Thanks for the welcome. Good to see some of you have been to the area and no one even said anything about the snow! I'll get a picture or two loaded soon.

Scroller99 - Yep, already heard the LV sawdust rule. Actually, I've heard it several times. I think I'm finally following it!

mrcook4570

Welcome Jim. We have family in Webster, Fairport, and Palmyra. We usually visit a couple of times each year. Snow wasn't bad during Christmas this year, but we have (on more than one occasion) been stuck in traffic on the thruway during whiteouts.

Top Bottom