New to turning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Suzie

Thanks, Jeff for the warm welcome
Just got into carving a couple years ago and have carved several walking sticks and canes, some figures etc. and dabbled in wood burning a bit ( love the affect from burning on water color paper) anyway, I'm getting started in wood turning thanks to the help and encouragement from some special friends and my great woodworking husband!
I've turned a few bowls and now working on perfecting my pen and Christmas ornament turning. Love it so far and am looking forward to getting more tips of the trade and help from fellow turners.
Another newbie,
Suzie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Welcome from Little Rock. Post some of your work in the "other Things We Make" forum. I'd really like to see some of the wood carvings.

PaulDoug

Welcome Suzie. I'm interested in your statement on the effects from burning on water color paper. Could you post a picture or two? I don't do anything like that but would be interested in seeing what you are talking about.

OOPS

Welcome from Washington State. I too would like to see some photos of your carvings. As Paul stated above, I too have little knowledge about wood burning, particularly on water color paper. Please post some when you get a chance. I am sure you will have a fun time on this site.

carved canes

welcome from the mitten
I've carved a few, here's my favorite. Let's see some of yours.
Sorry for the bad photos, they are from before I learned to take decent photos and I no longer have the cane.

Attachments

• cane 001.JPG
    cane 001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 69
  • cane 012.JPG
    cane 012.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom