New turner from Virginia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lawrence1260

Hello everyone! I'm new to the group and new to turning wood. I've been woodworking for a couple of years now and I've been turning since Father's Day. My son bought me a mini lathe and I'm hooked. My "original" lathe was homemade using an old 1/2" drill that only ran in reverse.:) I had to mount it on the right hand side of the "lathe" to get the piece to spin properly. I used it to turn some small pieces and it worked, but not very well. Since Father's Day I've been turning small bowls, etc. but mostly pens.

I live in Fredericksburg, VA with my wife and son. I enjoy camping, photography, target shooting and playing electric guitar with my church's Praise Team. I've already learned a few things on this forum and hope to be able to improve my craft and help someone else along the way.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
As I always say...
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!

The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Lawrence1260

Thanks Michael, looks like we're (almost) neighbors. I worked in Woodbridge/Springfield area for about 27 years with Dominion Energy. Transferred to Fredericksburg almost 4 years ago. Been hooked on turning for a few months now, really enjoy it.

Top Bottom