new turner from st aug,fl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome Rob!!

Once you get the lathe and have a "pen in progress", let us know what you need to learn about finishing. You'll get LOTS of suggestions. (Some, not too bad!!)

Have visited St. Augustine often, NICE place to live!!

Welcome, love St Augustine!

That bakery/sausage place in the old town is a must visit when we go there. Used to hit there a LOT when I was at UF.

It was 15 here this morning...missing home!

ROBCTRY69

thanks all for the welcome not very warm here this morning it was 27 at my house when i get set up ill post up and get some insight

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from NC. I just got back from St Augustine visiting family. If you haven't visited the Pepper Palace at the city gates on St George street, stop by its a great place.

Ask plenty of questions and post photos. The group here is FANTASTIC!

ctubbs

Welcome Robert, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

Top Bottom